Clock question

seilosx

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi I just received my nexus 7 and love it.... But I have to ask. After scouring the forums and Internet I can't seem to find the solution to my problem : on the top left of the screen is the notification tray that if you swipe down you will see the time and date and any notifications you may have (email, hangouts, etc.). When I click on the time and date, instead of taking me to the clock app (and by doing so allowing me to set a alarm or check the word click or timer) it takes me to the time settings... Which doesn't seem intuitive or logical to me. Please help out a noob here a few let me know if I'm missing something glaringly obvious or if is how everyone's nexus 7 acts...
I'm running kicker 4.4 stock

Thanks again in advance
😊😊😊😊😊

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi I just received my nexus 7 and love it.... But I have to ask. After scouring the forums and Internet I can't seem to find the solution to my problem : on the top left of the screen is the notification tray that if you swipe down you will see the time and date and any notifications you may have (email, hangouts, etc.). When I click on the time and date, instead of taking me to the clock app (and by doing so allowing me to set a alarm or check the word click or timer) it takes me to the time settings... Which doesn't seem intuitive or logical to me. Please help out a noob here a few let me know if I'm missing something glaringly obvious or if is how everyone's nexus 7 acts...
I'm running kicker 4.4 stock

Thanks again in advance
����������

Well, In this case i would say you are a noob !! :p it is happening because that clock is there to show you the time not to take you to the clock or.... something like that ??? when you tap it takes you to the clock setting in order to set time ...... as you can see the clock on the top, why to wonder for clock app, if you are finding some problems in looking at that clock then i think you should add a clock wid-gadget on the home screen. Android doesn't take you to any clock app the clock you are seeing is already an clock app... !!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you place one of the clock widgets on a homescreen, tapping that will open the Clock app.

Posted via Android Central App

seilosx

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, In this case i would say you are a noob !! :p it is happening because that clock is there to show you the time not to take you to the clock or.... something like that ??? when you tap it takes you to the clock setting in order to set time ...... as you can see the clock on the top, why to wonder for clock app, if you are finding some problems in looking at that clock then i think you should add a clock wid-gadget on the home screen. Android doesn't take you to any clock app the clock you are seeing is already an clock app... !!

Haha yea I guess I am a noob when it comes to the nexus 7. My confusion came from my experience with my rooted Verizon Galaxy nexus. I dont know if it was a specific rom or setting but I distinctly remembered pulling down the notification bar, clicking the clock and being redirected to the actual clock app. Same thing for the calender being accessed through clicking the date and time. Anyway thanks again for the help at least I know I'm not totally crazy 😁

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Haha yea I guess I am a noob when it comes to the nexus 7. My confusion came from my experience with my rooted Verizon Galaxy nexus. I dont know if it was a specific rom or setting but I distinctly remembered pulling down the notification bar, clicking the clock and being redirected to the actual clock app. Same thing for the calender being accessed through clicking the date and time. Anyway thanks again for the help at least I know I'm not totally crazy 

The pulling the shade down and tapping the clock will bring you to settings in Stock Android. Just tried it on my N5. The feature you were referring to had to be part of a custom OS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch