Camera question: taking pics in lower light

inquisitorA

Dec 30, 2021
Visit site
So when i go to take a pic (this was on my S22 Ultra too) just in normal photo mode, if its even a tiny bit dim or sometimes it doesnt even look dim to me, instead of the shutter just snapping, that yellow dot appears and the text pops up and says "hold camera still" and it takes a longer exposure, like 3 or 4 seconds -

Is there a way to disable that? Respectfully Samsung, if i wanted a long exposure pic i'd choose that specifically 😾 i just want the shutter to click. If my photo is a little dark or whatever thats ok, i know that, maybe thats what im going for, y'ever think of that, Samsung Co knowitalls?

No but seriously tho - i know its possible bc i downloaded Open Camera and with that it just snaps the pic, darkness level doesnt seem to matter and it doesnt choose on its own to do a longer exposure.

Is there a setting i need to change for my camera to do what Open Camera does?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
There's a few settings that can help here.
1) Settings/Intelligent Optimization/Scene Optimizer. If you turn this off, the auto-night mode that the picture is being taken in should be disabled.
2) If you want to keep that setting on, you can always turn off the suggested mode before snapping the picture. The night mode (moon icon) should pop up on the bottom right of the picture before you take it (this is what prompts that long exposure); if you tap on it, it will disable the mode suggestion for that picture only.
3) Settings/Intelligent Optimization. Adjust the level of processing to Minimum if you want the faster shutter speeds at all times.

inquisitorA

Dec 30, 2021
Visit site
There's a few settings that can help here.
1) Settings/Intelligent Optimization/Scene Optimizer. If you turn this off, the auto-night mode that the picture is being taken in should be disabled.
2) If you want to keep that setting on, you can always turn off the suggested mode before snapping the picture. The night mode (moon icon) should pop up on the bottom right of the picture before you take it (this is what prompts that long exposure); if you tap on it, it will disable the mode suggestion for that picture only.
3) Settings/Intelligent Optimization. Adjust the level of processing to Minimum if you want the faster shutter speeds at all times.

That fixed it thank you!! 🥇

Reactions: SpookDroid

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos