Lollipop OTA not yet offered

adamburr

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. I have a Nexus 7 2012, but haven't yet been offered the Lollipop OTA. Should I have had it by now or are lots of other people waiting for it too?

Thanks in advance!

Adam

Posted via Android Central App

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Lollipop 5 offered, staggered release (as is Google's wont), folks reported issues, seems 5 completely pulled off OTA because of this and, after some delay, 5.0.2 (slowly) being sent out to those N7 (2012) users who received 5 - to fix issues. I''m not hearing of any 4.4.4 users who are getting the 5.0.2 patch OS, so it may be that those who didn't get Lollipop 5 may have to wait until 5.1, rumoured in February?

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I got 5.0 some time ago and it sucks wind. I still haven't received the OTA for 5.0.2 although a co-worker received it a few days ago, so the release doesn't seem to be based on location. I hope it gets here soon and fixes the response issues from 5.0.

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
...I still haven't received the OTA for 5.0.2 although a co-worker received it a few days ago, so the release doesn't seem to be based on location...

I still don't get how Google's staggered release (especially when it seems to disregard location, time zone or any other obvious criteria) is either better for the consumer or, when issues arise, in the long run better for Google. With an Apple all-at-once release, while everyone then shares the pain of a colossal [removed by moderator] up, at least then Apple knows that it is their issue to fix. With Google, a staggered release where one person may not get an update but a co-worker does, its got to hard to track, when an issue occurs (as it did with 5), whether its with a dodgy servers, corrupted downloads, a series of bad installs or...? And no user should feel the need to 'sideload' and manually install an OS in order to remain recent.

Staggered installs look more like a capability issue on Google's part or, worse, an effort to limit bad PR. Neither one is good for the consumer and only frustrates them - wondering what the heck is going on.

Last edited by a moderator:

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I still don't get how Google's staggered release (especially when it seems to disregard location, time zone or any other obvioums criteria) is either better for the consumer or, when issues arise, in the long run better for Google. With an Apple all-at-once release, while everyone then shares the pain of a colossal [removed by moderator] up, at least then Apple knows that it is their issue to fix. With Google, a staggered release where one person may not get an update but a co-worker does, its got to hard to track, when an issue occurs (as it did with 5), whether its with a dodgy servers, corrupted downloads, a series of bad installs or...? And no user should feel the need to 'sideload' and manually install an OS in order to remain recent.

Staggered installs look more like a capability issue on Google's part or, worse, an effort to limit bad PR. Neither one is good for the consumer and only frustrates them - wondering what the heck is going on.

I wlll wait for the OTA, whenever it may come. Why I'm on the bottom of the list, who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I still don't get how Google's staggered release (especially when it seems to disregard location, time zone or any other obvious criteria) is either better for the consumer or, when issues arise, in the long run better for Google.

I've been frustrated by staggered releases in the past, but tally appreciate it now, because only one of the three Nexus 7 in my house got screwed up.

The part of staggered releases that still bothers me is those in the Play Store - where app release dates, descriptions, etc. all reflect the update version of an app, even if it hasn't been made available to your device yet.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I heard the same thing the update was pretty bad on nexus 5 so google pulled it until they resolve them and than re release it? Correct me if I'm wrong

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I heard the same thing the update was pretty bad on nexus 5 so google pulled it until they resolve them and than re release it? Correct me if I'm wrong
In my household I'm running Lollipop (via OTA) on every device except 2012 Nexus 7. This includes:
Nexus 6
Nexus 5
2013 Nexus 7
2014 Moto X PureE

I am not seeing any serious issues at all. Mostly voice control intermittent bugs. But I'll gladly wait for a reliable OTA for my 2012 Nexus 7

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
We gotta wait until 5.1 with the memory leak problem I dont see Google releasing the update and 5.1 is coming by end of febiary

Sent from my Nexus 5

Zapped

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
The 5.0.2 version of Lollipop was already downloaded and verified OTA when I turned on my tablet this morning. It installed smoothly on my Nexus 7 2012 version.

I want to believe that it is running faster now. Switching the Chrome tabs is pretty quick, and browsing through reddit or imgur is much faster. Of course it could just be wishful thinking since I've been waiting for this update for a long time!

tg0SMdm.png
FVCtOnZ.png

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana