My Google Nexus 7 is stuck on home screen and won't unock or reboot, how can I fix this?

A

AC Question

Google nexus 7 stuck on home screen and won't unock or reboot

My nexus 7 tablet was working fine earlier then I left title and came back to it now stuck on rotation horizontally and won't let me swipe anything away or swipe to unlock PLUS it won't let me reboot. It will let me hit the lock button and the screen lights up. Hit it again and it blacks out. Try and hold it to bring up the settings to reboot and it won't let me. I tried to do a factory reset and it wouldn't let me do that either. I need help with this it has my schedule on it for appointments and I hadn't gotten the chance to write them on my home calendar as I had just gotten those dates today and then this acted up !

Lindsay TheCampbell

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Google nexus 7 stuck on home screen and won't unock or reboot

this is all I see on my screen and it won't let me do anything (this is taken horizontally but it's frozen lile this no matter how I turn it) 1431050027874-315325713.jpg

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google nexus 7 stuck on home screen and won't unock or reboot

Hold the power button down. It could take more than 30 seconds, but the tab should eventually restart. (My wife's Note 3 did exactly that last night, and it was easier to hold the button than pop the back off and remove the battery.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa