Notification to install 5.0.2 - what should I do?

UncleLes

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
When Lollipop was released I installed it on my 2012 N7 and immediately had problems, so I rolled back to KK4.4.4. Since that time I have gotten regular notifications that Lollipop had been downloaded and was ready for installation and have deferred installation by pressing the "Later" option on the notification.

This morning I found a notification that 5.0.2 had been downloaded and was ready for installation, but it did not have an option to respond "Later", only to press the notification to start the installation. I can't get rid of this notification like I used to.

What should I do? Install 5.0.2? Ignore the notification but not be able to dismiss it? Is there a way to get rid of this notification?
While my N7 is no longer as snappy as it used to be, it is still functional and I don't want to brick it by selecting this installation.

Suggestions, anyone?

altobobcat

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
There is a way to get rid of the notification if you don't to update. Long press the notification and it should take you to the application manager page. Then uncheck/disable notifications for Google Play Services. Restart your device.

If long pressing doesn't work (Settings -> Application Manager -> All -> Google play services).