Notifications for install of new app no longer working

anon(7876925)

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I have just upgraded from Nexus 7 2012 to the new 2013 version. Before installing anything I updated it to latest version 4.3 build JSS15Q

Initially notifications for newly installed apps was working correctly ie after installing a new app it shows in the notification bar that it's been installed & if you clicked on the notification it used to start the app. I also used to get a seperate notification for each new installation.

I haven't changed any settings recently (as far as I'm aware) but instead of launching the app when clicking on the notification it is taking me back to the google play store, it is also grouping new install of app notifications into one.

Could I have changed a setting somewhere that I can change back or is this a bug? I had exactly the same thing happen on my old Nexus 7 2012 after that was updated to the latest release of 4.3 approx a week ago.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
The Play Store app was updated recently with a number of "enhancements". Grouping recently updated apps is one of those. On occasion, when the Play Store app gets updated it changes some of your default settings. Check to see if any of them have changed.

anon(7876925)

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
The Play Store app was updated recently with a number of "enhancements". Grouping recently updated apps is one of those. On occasion, when the Play Store app gets updated it changes some of your default settings. Check to see if any of them have changed.

Can you point me to where I need to check please.

I've looked at settings option within Google Play Store & can't see anything to change re notifications (other than being notified of new updates) & I've looked in the settings menu but don't know exactly what I'm looking for in there as I haven't had to change it before

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you point me to where I need to check please.

I've looked at settings option within Google Play Store & can't see anything to change re notifications (other than being notified of new updates) & I've looked in the settings menu but don't know exactly what I'm looking for in there as I haven't had to change it before

you cant. this is the new way of doing things. A recent update introduced these features.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you will see them bringing the tap to launch the app back. Not sure why it was ever there. You can easily just go to your app drawer and launch it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non