What are ya'll using as your file sharing app?

@llforone

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
There's quite a few out there, and many have posted on this forum about them, but I wanted to get a gauge for what people are using on the latest Nexus 7's. Most apps are quite clunky as well, and look like they were designed by engineers for engineers. But I guess that's the early adopter crowd!

@llforone

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I can see how you guys/gals can use DropBox on the tablet as a way to consume the files, but do you actually SHARE with others directly from the tablet?

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I can see how you guys/gals can use DropBox on the tablet as a way to consume the files, but do you actually SHARE with others directly from the tablet?

What, like a NFC bump? In that case, I use nothing. Dropbox is perfect for the way you can send a secure link to someone to view or download anything on Dropbox. Open the app, long press, share via email, gmail, text, whatever....It's the easiest.

2waterfowl

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

@llforone

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I've used DropBox and Google Drive, but the sharing function is pretty clunky, and always seem to be in the background/afterthought. This SuperBeam idea sounds pretty cool, I'm going to check it out.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft Office on Windows is my workhorse so SkyDrive is naturally my choice. Microsoft OneNote on both Windows and Android is also a natural for SkyDrive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) via the Android Central App.

Last edited:

@llforone

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft Office on Windows is my workhorse so SkyDrive is naturally my choice. Microsoft OneNote on both Windows and Android is also a natural for SkyDrive.

Hi TraderGary, when you use SkyDrive, do you find yourself "depositing" docs from your PC/notebook, and "consuming" from your mobile devices, or do you find it equally easy to upload data from your mobile device as well? I'm looking for a "sharing" solution that I can send files to/fro my own devices and friends/co-workers' devices, as opposed to something that is a great repository (DropBox, Box, Google Drive, etc)

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi TraderGary, when you use SkyDrive, do you find yourself "depositing" docs from your PC/notebook, and "consuming" from your mobile devices, or do you find it equally easy to upload data from your mobile device as well? I'm looking for a "sharing" solution that I can send files to/fro my own devices and friends/co-workers' devices, as opposed to something that is a great repository (DropBox, Box, Google Drive, etc)

Have you tried using Bluetooth and a file app like ES file Explorer?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I use Microsoft Office 360 on my Windows machines. Office 360 uses SkyDrive for its files by default. File sharing is simple and easy. Microsoft OneNote on both Windows and Android use the same file on SkyDrive.

I keep all documents, photos, everything, on SkyDrive. I upload and download freely on all devices.

For the way I work, SkyDrive is the only storage solution that makes sense.

BrandonEnr7

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I still use Dropbox to share files, and Google Drive or work on files collaboratively. I just share the link to the view with whomever I plan on providing access to it. Seems pretty easy to me to share files, what did you not like about it?

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95