Nexus 7(2013) Multi touch Issue

googol

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I bought a new Nexus 7 and got all the software updates installed. I tested multi touch using the multitouch test app from jpjoyjp in the play store. I thought the software updates were supposed to fix the multitouch issues. I placed five or more fingers on the screen and my device had trouble recognizing all the touch points. When I started moving my fingers, the device went berserk. The dots at the touch points started flickering and the touch points stayed highlighted for a good few seconds after I had already taken my fingers off the screen.

I got a replacement from the play store and I think the replacement device also has the same problem. Do any of you have similar issues with your device when you run this test? Any way to fix this or do I need to ask Google for a replacement to my replacement?

Posted via Android Central App

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The only place I see a multi-touch problem is when running the jpjoyjp multi-touch app. I've solved the problem by not running this app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) via the Android Central App.

googol

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
so the app is the problem and not the N7

Is that a question or is it actually the app that is the problem? If the app is the problem, how can I test my Nexus 7 to make sure I don't have a lemon that seems to be common with Asus products?

Posted via Android Central App

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Try running the app "Yet another multi touch test" apk to see if you have the same result. Good luck finding a problem free Nexus. Google is probably too busy focus on launching the Nexus 5 with Kitkat 4.4 and new Nexus 10 next month than to solve the multi touch issue for us. Best advise to wait an buy the device later when thing settled down.

Chingyul

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Never noticed multi-touch issues, but tried the "Yet another ..." app.
No issues up to 8 fingers, but starts to get some random flickers at 9, and then more issues with 10.
Will you ever need 10 multi touches? I don't think so.