I am facing a issue like my pixel 7 showing twice in the play store. i mean same device showing twice not only in playstore but also in find my device

Jan 21, 2024
Visit site
I am facing a issue like my pixel 7 showing twice in the play store. i mean same device showing twice not only in play store but also in find my device app , in find my device app i can able to see the same device twice but with two IMEI. it started happening recently. any solutions ?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure no other device has been linked to your account? Not sure if that is the case on a Pixel (not owning one myself), but if you have a Secure Folder option and you sign in there, that would show up as a separate 'device' for installing apps. Maybe that's happening? Try revoking access to the IMEI you don't recognize at the very least.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you do a factory reset, the previous "instance" of the phone will still remain in your device list. Do the following:

1. Go to myaccount.google.com, then Security>Manage All Devices, select the entry for your Pixel 7 that corresponds to when you were using the physical SIM, and click Sign Out.

2. Go to the Play Store website (not the app), click your profile pic, then Library & Devices>Devices, and uncheck that previous Pixel 7 listing. Over time, it should disappear from the device list, but in the meantime, if it's unchecked, it won't show up in the device list for installation.

Reactions: Madd62

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you already sign out of the previous instance of the phone in your Google account, as I described in step 1 above?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On the Play Store website? Odd, I'm not seeing that -- at least not for a Chromebook I just recently had to set up again. Did you already sign out of your Google account for that previous instance in your Google account dashboard?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you install an app and look at all of other devices that you can also choose to install on, does that list also include the previous instance of the phone, or is it just in the Library & Devices menu of the Play Store website?

Jan 21, 2024
Visit site
When you install an app and look at all of other devices that you can also choose to install on, does that list also include the previous instance of the phone, or is it just in the Library & Devices menu of the Play Store website?
Yeah while installing the app in all of the other devices I can able to see my previous instance also

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That sounds like a bug. On the Play Store website, click the question mark icon at the upper right, then Send Feedback.

It might be interesting to see what happens if you rename the previous instance of that phone to something else, like "Old phone", and see if it shows up in the installation list that way (or if your current phone instance picks up that label as well).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter