Exchanging for another Nexus 7. What is the best way to do this?

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have decided to bite the bullet and exchange my 32GB WIFI Nexus 7 for the LTE one. The thing is, I have my current Nexus home screens, apps, etc. set up exactly as I want them. I know that on the iPad, I would just sync to iTunes, but I am not sure how to do this on Android, and I am looking for a bit of help. How is this done? DoubleTwist? Something else? Also, if it is possible to sync to a computer, I'm using a Macbook Pro.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello and welcome to AC.

There is a few options to do this.

1st, make sure all your contacts & calendars are synced to your Gmail/Google Account via Settings/

2nd, Make sure you have under Settings/Backup & Restore options SELECTED.

3rd, You can also download a program for free called Helium which will backup your apps/data to your device or Cloud services to restore back to the new device.

4th, If your using a 3rd party launcher like Nova, Action, etc most of these have the option to backup your Homescreen setup and other launcher related settings.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
If you use Apex or Nova to back up your home screen settings, etc., remember to drag/move the files to a pc or other storage device before resetting/returning your current nexus. (don't forget to evaluate that you've actually moved everything valuable, even if you apps like Helium).

Posted via Android Central App

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have decided to bite the bullet and exchange my 32GB WIFI Nexus 7 for the LTE one. The thing is, I have my current Nexus home screens, apps, etc. set up exactly as I want them. I know that on the iPad, I would just sync to iTunes, but I am not sure how to do this on Android, and I am looking for a bit of help. How is this done? DoubleTwist? Something else? Also, if it is possible to sync to a computer, I'm using a Macbook Pro.

Thanks everyone for your help.

I think half the fun of the N7 is setting up the device the way you want it.
If you set up the new device from a blank OS, it would force you to rethink all the previous 'tech' decisions.
You might learn something new about yourself by the time you're done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa