Touch screen woes

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I dig the nexus 7 and use it daily at work, but the touchscreen is definitely wonky. Its either far too sensitive and causes unintentional presses,or it gets stuck, and a light touch results in a long hold (ie. tap the "u" key and it pops up 7 and holds there until I do something to correct it. Really annoying and interrupts the flow of typing.

Any fixes for these issues? Or is this a "get what you pay for" situation?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Step 1: make sure you have all the updates
Step 2: if you still have issues, factory reset
Step 3: if you still have issues, decide whether to return, exchange, or wait & hope for another update that improves it.

I haven't had much issue with mine, but every once in a while notice taps that aren't recognized, or swipes that are broken (ex: when using a swipe gesture on the keyboard, and end up with two odd words because it thought I lifted my finger). I personally think/hope we'll see more improvement with further software updates, but there's no guarantee.

Ribs85

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Good advice on the updates. This was a big problem for a lot of owners until Google sorted it with a update.

Of course, yours could just be faulty...

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you fingers are dry. If they are oily or moist you will get a lot of strange behavior because of the change in resistance.

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Which update version are you on? There was an update released not too long ago that should fix the touchscreen issues that some units were having. I believe the update version was JSS15Q.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine is fully updated to JSS15R, and it still has the occasional (a few times per day) sticky key problem, where a key tap is read as a press-and-hold that only releases when you tap somewhere else on the screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

George Stevens

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I have jss15R, and, yes, plenty of touchscreen issues, which I've had since the beginning, updates made no difference, but then I have the very same touchscreen issues on my older Samsung 4.2 Android too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty