Touch screen overreaction/underreaction (not a sensitivity issue)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

This is quite strange... when i described it to my coworker she suggested my phone was hacked but shes a little paranoid and i dont typically download questionable content, at least not in the last 6 months. i have an LGG5, It happened at random, quite suddenly (within the span of 10 minutes, from the time it took me to leave work and get in my car) and i do have a cracked screen but it has not gotten worse and it worked fine before. Essentially if i try to use any kind of touchscreen action (typing on the keyboard, opening an app, using in app features, scrolling through photos or social media ect) it will do things like spam type random keys, scroll aggressively,or press random things on the screen at the time. ex, if i am on my home screen, it might open my phone app, and dial a random number, or if i try to type a text it will begin to type at random even if i am not touching the screen. if i attempt to use the touch too much when this is happening it will freeze or the screen will turn off. ive tried restarting the phone and taking out the battery but i am unable to change any settings because the phone will freeze if i try to access my task bar. I have considered factory resetting but i have highly sensitive data i can not afford to lose at this time and im not sure if i can transfer the data while this is happening. it took me nearly an hour to get it to cooperate long enough to download a phone to desktop SMS app so i can manage my texts. what could be happening here?

phones 99

Aug 9, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

This is almost certainly because of the cracked screen. There are essentially 3 layers to your screen. The glass to protect the screen, the digitizer which is repsonisble for touch and the LCD which shows you the image. Cracking the glass can damage the digitizer which may result in ghost touches which you are experiencing. Get your screen replaced and that should fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali