Nexus 7 USB/OTG Connectivity Issues

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a new nexus 7. My father in law has a cheap overmax (hungarian brand).

When I connect a pendrive with OTG usb cable to the cheap Overmax, ES File Explorer finds the pendrive and reads the data.
On my Nexus, ES File Explorer does NOT find the USB pendrive!
When I connect my D5100 DSLR with the same OTG cable, the overmax seems to be blind but the Nexus (app Helicon Remote or DSLRDashboard) finds and connects to the camera.

This is beyond my understanding. What is going on here? Could somebody advise?

anonymosu2042

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: nexus 7 connectivity

The nexus 7 cannot read usb drives over otg due to restrictions. If you root it, this is possible, but if you use nexus media importer, it will work. As for the camera, i cant think of a reason.

Hope this helps!

What if i told you

android is superior to ios

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for your advise. Yes with NMI I can see a pendrive. That's all. My camera is shown as unsupported device.
Why can't I just browse on the nexus and see what is in and outside of the tablet, as on many other android based tablets?!

anonymosu2042

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for your advise. Yes with NMI I can see a pendrive. That's all. My camera is shown as unsupported device.
Why can't I just browse on the nexus and see what is in and outside of the tablet, as on many other android based tablets?!

This could be google trying to force cloud storage on us peasents. Either way, it does suck to not be able to simply plug in and play. Try emailing the photos on the camera to your n7 from the computer you probably put them on. Then just download the gmail attachment.

Y U NO LIKE POST?

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

This could be google trying to force cloud storage on us peasents. Either way, it does suck to not be able to simply plug in and play. Try emailing the photos on the camera to your n7 from the computer you probably put them on. Then just download the gmail attachment.

Y U NO LIKE POST?

After years of iPad limitations, now I get the google **** over my head. I bought an Alcor Zest for my girls. Nobody on this forum will know this tablet, unless you are from Hungary. It is a 7,9 inch, 2GB fast and smooth running machine, which sees everything IN and OUTSIDE of the tablet, half the price of the nexus 7 (2013), with USB host support, mini HDMI and a slot for a memory card. I bought the nexus for its screen, but I regret it. Not the screen, that is fabulous, but I could have lived without it.

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

After above wired connection issues, I have now also wireless problems.
I have a mobile TP-Link router (TL-M3040) to create a local Open Wrt network. The Alcor Zest of my daughters connects without any issue, but my new Nexus 7 refuses.
I have discussed this issue on another forum. There somebody suggested me to set the Wifi Frequency Band to 2,4 only. I did that and it worked! Unfortunately only once. I worked a day like that, but cannot get it to work anymore. The tablet keeps saying: connecting....., wether it is set to Auto or 2,4.
Any ideas?

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

It seems that nobody goes wireless with the new Nexus 7. Nobody connected any other nexus with openwrt network?

I guess i have to go wired again. i have bought three different otg cables and after 10 times using the were unusable. Any suggestions for a good otg cable for new nexus 7, one that sits very tight in the micro port of the tablet.

Thanks,
Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38