I'm fed up with this thing now

George Stevens

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I got it opening day in August, quickly returned the first one because it wouldn't charge, got a new one, and it has been constantly one thing or another going wrong with it ever since, currently the ongoing keyboard issue - multiple wrong letters popping up, and now the speaker is going off and on, and the latest is the GPS, which seemed to be all fixed, is back to where it started, it's gone.

When I compare this thing with my old Samsung Galaxy which has been trouble free...well, the N7 2013 has a beautiful screen - and that's it!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That's frustrating! I have many friends with the N7 and they love it but it sounds like you just can't win on this one. You may need to send it in for repair under warranty.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

George Stevens

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'm going to have to return it, but I'm going to want a replacement because I think they'll keep it at least two weeks, and maybe they'll even send it back to me saying they couldn't find anything wrong with it - they wouldn't do that to me, would they!? I'm not sure what, maybe another Samsung, maybe the IPad. I was really hoping to hold off until some new super 10 inch tablet came out...

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm going to have to return it, but I'm going to want a replacement because I think they'll keep it at least two weeks, and maybe they'll even send it back to me saying they couldn't find anything wrong with it - they wouldn't do that to me, would they!? I'm not sure what, maybe another Samsung, maybe the IPad. I was really hoping to hold off until some new super 10 inch tablet came out...

My Motorola tablet had a touchscreen issue and they sent it back to me as fixed but it wasn't. I wrote a note in my package next time saying if you can't guarantee its fixed just send a replacement tablet. They did and all was well.

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

Send it in to Asus for an RMA. That's what I did and my tablet works fine now. Completely glitch free. A word of advice though. If they tell you that they can't be fixed, call another rep and constantly heckle them about it. It'll take time but it'll get fixed. I basically waited a month for them to fix my tablet but in the end I got a tablet that works completely fine.

Posted via Android Central App

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I got it opening day in August, quickly returned the first one because it wouldn't charge, got a new one, and it has been constantly one thing or another going wrong with it ever since, currently the ongoing keyboard issue - multiple wrong letters popping up, and now the speaker is going off and on, and the latest is the GPS, which seemed to be all fixed, is back to where it started, it's gone.

When I compare this thing with my old Samsung Galaxy which has been trouble free...well, the N7 2013 has a beautiful screen - and that's it!
thats why I have both. I enjoy the screen on , my n7 but the sammy is for EVERYTHING else. Samsungs are just a more reliable better overall tablet. There IS a reason the n7 is only $199, trust me.

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Mine works perfectly fine, actually it is the best android device I have ever used! It runs incredibly smooth and its never lagged once. I disagree with the comment about Samsung being better, I've owned 3 Samsung galaxy phones, and the galaxy tab 2 and 3 and the note, and they are incredible as well, but this nexus 7 is just amazing! And just some info, the Nexus line by Google represents, high spec flagship quality devices running pure android (the way google intended) for an affordable price. That's why this tablet starts at $229, not because its cheaply made...some people don't know what they are talking about...this tablet smokes my galaxy tab 3.0 7inch, doesn't even compare! I own both so you can't call me biased

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Mine works perfectly fine, actually it is the best android device I have ever used! It runs incredibly smooth and its never lagged once. I disagree with the comment about Samsung being better, I've owned 3 Samsung galaxy phones, and the galaxy tab 2 and 3 and the note, and they are incredible as well, but this nexus 7 is just amazing! And just some info, the Nexus line by Google represents, high spec flagship quality devices running pure android (the way google intended) for an affordable price. That's why this tablet starts at $229, not because its cheaply made...some people don't know what they are talking about...this tablet smokes my galaxy tab 3.0 7inch, doesn't even compare! I own both so you can't call me biased

I agree the n7 smokes the samsungs in speed and is a pleasure to look at that perfect screen, but imo the samsungs are better suited to what I do on a tablet (email, internet, news etc) I really dont need my tablet to smoke the competition in speed or have up to second updates, I just like the nice little simple and very convenient extras that samsung provides. Let's agree to disagree.

George Stevens

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Send it in to Asus for an RMA. That's what I did and my tablet works fine now. Completely glitch free. A word of advice though. If they tell you that they can't be fixed, call another rep and constantly heckle them about it. It'll take time but it'll get fixed. I basically waited a month for them to fix my tablet but in the end I got a tablet that works completely fine.

Posted via Android Central App

I've dealt with Asus before, and consequently I'm not looking forward to dealing with them again. I bought an Asus laptop about 3 1/2 years ago, and a few months thereafter I had to return it under warranty. Huge hassle dealing with them on the phone, but to make a long story short, after about 1,000 aggravating phone calls they finally did send me a brand new laptop - as I recall the whole process took two MONTHS - and then, just as you say, the new one has been excellent. The new one was the same model but a later build. Seems that Asus has the bad habit of sending out the early builds and letting the suckers field test it for them. So maybe if they send me anew one it will work good like many people here are saying theirs do. Question: Do any of you guys with n7's that work good have an early release as I do? So yeah, I definitely want them to say they can't fix it and send me a new one.

PS Does anyone have the Asus phone number I'm supposed to call to get the RMA handy?

cybernutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Do any of you guys with n7's that work good have an early release as I do?
Well, I hope I don't jinx myself by replying, but IIRC I bought my N7 (2013) the first day it was available, and on the whole I've been very happy with it. I haven't had any issues with the touchscreen or wrong keys or failure to charge that others have mentioned. I haven't tried the GPS, which seems to be problematic for many people. It's possible that I'll find it a problem as well, but I'm keeping my fingers and eyes crossed.

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Spot on,man. Bravo!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've dealt with Asus before, and consequently I'm not looking forward to dealing with them again. I bought an Asus laptop about 3 1/2 years ago, and a few months thereafter I had to return it under warranty. Huge hassle dealing with them on the phone, but to make a long story short, after about 1,000 aggravating phone calls they finally did send me a brand new laptop - as I recall the whole process took two MONTHS - and then, just as you say, the new one has been excellent. The new one was the same model but a later build. Seems that Asus has the bad habit of sending out the early builds and letting the suckers field test it for them. So maybe if they send me anew one it will work good like many people here are saying theirs do. Question: Do any of you guys with n7's that work good have an early release as I do? So yeah, I definitely want them to say they can't fix it and send me a new one.

PS Does anyone have the Asus phone number I'm supposed to call to get the RMA handy?

1-888-678-3688

Try this. I did some searching and it says it's for support of products including tablets.

George Stevens

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, E. I just googled up some other numbers, so maybe a semi-coherent human might answer one of them...but today is probably a bad day to try.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, E. I just googled up some other numbers, so maybe a semi-coherent human might answer one of them...but today is probably a bad day to try.

Asus lists far too many numbers for my liking. I had to look into it and try to single out an English speaking support number. There's also online chats you can try and get an RMA through.

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

The N7 i sent back was the launch N7. I didn't buy it from google play, bought it at a local best buy a day before the initial release. As expected it had the initial problems that everyone else had when it first released. The biggest problem was the touch screen problem. I called them maybe 3-4 times? and of those most of the reps said it wasn't their fault. I finally got someone competent enough to issue me an RMA.

George Stevens

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
The N7 i sent back was the launch N7. I didn't buy it from google play, bought it at a local best buy a day before the initial release. As expected it had the initial problems that everyone else had when it first released. The biggest problem was the touch screen problem. I called them maybe 3-4 times? and of those most of the reps said it wasn't their fault. I finally got someone competent enough to issue me an RMA.

It took a month for you to get it back - 2 months for my laptop a few years ago...so I'm still procrastinating as I have come to rely on the tablet much more than I thought I would (plus my small 12.6" laptop finally gave up the ghost), and my N7 is going through one of its intermittent working OK phases right now - speaker and GPS - so I'm hoping to hold out until I buy another laptop, waiting for Samsung etc. to come out with their new 10" models so I'll have a backup besides my old (and excellent) Samsung 4.2.

Meryl Muller

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I purchased an Asus fonepad, and am extremely disappointed after 2 months.... the device will not power up.
I have read the numerous threads relating to 'the question mark' inside the battery image that shows, when trying to turn on the fonepad. I followed the instructions posted by other readers, on how to open the back of the unit and in trying to remove the battery connection, I have broken the 'soldered' connection and although I have taped this down [until I can get to an Asus service centre]... I am unhappy that this appears to be a common fault with Asus, once the battery level drops to below 30% and it has also been mentioned that this is not just a battery problem, but could also relate to the motherboard -- all of which it appears that Asus have not managed to fix and it appears to be an International Problem.... I only wish I knew all this, before purchasing the product.... If Asus South Africa are not able to assist me, after the festive season, I will never purchase an Asus product again....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty