Google Nexus 7 2013 Tablet Question

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, I just bought a Google Nexus 7 2013 tablet. I like the tablet but since there is no Micro USB Support, I got a OTG Cable and I attached a Flash Drive to it. I play Game Emulators alot. The problem I am having is that I cannot get my emulators that are stored in the internal memory to access the flash drive. My Roms are stored on the flash drive. Please note that my tablet is NOT rooted. Do I need to have a rooted tablet to do this? Please anyone help me out. When I am in an emulator I am trying to tell it where the Roms are but it is not seeing the Flash Drive. Please help, anyone?
Thank you very much.

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I did that, thanks, but I am trying to tell my emulators where the games are. I am trying to set the path, but the emulators don't see the flash drive. I want to be able to run the ROM game from the flash drive. The way I am doing it now is when it sees the game, I have to load into my internal memory to run it. Please help. Need another way. Thanks...

vmurph

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
It can't be done. In order for the emulators to see the flash drive, the OS would have to support external storage natively, which it doesn't. The only app capable of seeing a flash drive is Nexus Media Importer.

The best you can do, is use the media import app to temporarily copy the ROM(s) you want to play onto the nexus, and when you're done playing you can delete it/them. It's a little bit of a nuisance, but at least your ROMS can be stored on the flash drive, while still being able to access them as needed.