Android 4.4.3 is "supposedly" fixing the Nexus 7's random reboots...

Seth Lamb1

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
So if this news is true, I find it funny how Asus refused to acknowledge this problem even though I guess Google is aware that it exists.

I just hope that it really does fix the problem otherwise I might have to invest in a new tablet.

mtndewgood

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
There seems to be a lot of issues in a version that has been out there for some time.

I'm hoping the wallpaper orientation glitch is fixed in the next release. I haven't had any reboots luckily or I would have probably sold that sucker or flashed something else.

sfmccallie

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hope it fixes it. I must have one of the unlucky ones. Had mine since Christmas and have had mine reboot on several, several occasions

Posted via Android Central App

CatLady2010

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I, for one, will be happy to have a fix for a problem that doesn't exist. If my N7 rebooting only while using a particular app, I'd delete the app and be done with it. The problem seems truly to be random.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I have had one random reboot since the beginning of December 2013 when I bought it. It happened when I was using the camera app. I think that app has something to do with the reboots, at least for some peoples devices.

tamara6

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine since mid-February (62 days) and it has randomly rebooted 39 times since then. Sometimes it can go a few days without a reboot (April 3 to April 7, for instance), and sometimes it reboots several times in one day (March 26, March 28, and March 30 - it reboot 4 times on each day). It started rebooting right away - before I downloaded any new apps, but I was updating the apps that it came with. I initially thought maybe that's what was causing the reboots.

I've never used the camera, so that isn't what causes my reboots. The first third party app that I installed was Reboot Logger (which is how I know my reboot stats).

At first I was very concerned about the reboots, and I held off installing anything (except Reboot Logger), while I tried to determine if this was something that I'd have to return the device for. It seemed to be a common problem, and it was not clear that BestBuy could give me another one that would not also do the reboot thing, so I just decided to keep it. In the end, most of the reboots happen when I am not using the device, so I'm not really bothered by it. It is just strange.

I just want to add that I really love the nexus 7. It is just the right size and I enjoy all the things I can do with it. I wish the power button was a little further away from the volume button because I frequently turn it off when I mean to be turning it up, but that, not the reboots, is really my main complaint.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Totally agree on the power button/volume buttons. I feel like mine rebooted at the beginning but then I found a fix online that made it stop. Will check my Google history.

Rhor

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Totally agree on the power button/volume buttons. I feel like mine rebooted at the beginning but then I found a fix online that made it stop. Will check my Google history.

Have you found the fix?, would you share it please?.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I had four Kindle HDX's and they all suffered from random reboots. Not to mention yellow spots on the screen accompanied by a purple haze. But, thus far with 6 months ownership I have not encountered this issue with the Nexus 7. It does share lousy battery life with HDX, however. My wife has an iPad and leaves the wifi on all the time and the battery just lasts forever. I can just look at the N7 and the battery will drain.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
for those people who think that they don't have reboot problems, i suggest that you install the free app "reboot logger". reboot can happen when you are not using the tablet, etc. you might find extra surprises.

i have had so many random reboots even with the second refurbished replacement, even in the safe mode.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Have you found the fix?, would you share it please?.

Sorry. The app doesn't move participated threads with new posts to the top of the list.

It was to change Runtime to ART in the developer options from Dalvik. You have to tap something in About Phone 8 or 9 times to get developer options to show. It doesn't work for everyone but some have found success.