Wifi won't stay connected

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
After a few minutes of inactivity, my wifi drops and I have to reconnect. It's not as annoying when I'm at home since I just turn wifi back on and it automatically connects. However when I'm at school I have to sign in each time I connect to their wifi. It's getting really annoying. Any suggestions?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Do you have Wi-Fi set to turn off whenever the unit goes to sleep (basically, any time the screen goes off)? In Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Menu -> Advanced there's a checkbox for that (don't remember the exact verbiage of the control).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Do you have Wi-Fi set to turn off whenever the unit goes to sleep (basically, any time the screen goes off)? In Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Menu -> Advanced there's a checkbox for that (don't remember the exact verbiage of the control).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

That might be it, thanks! I don't have it with me, but I'll be using it in class tonight. I'll check it out there. Again, thanks for the tip!

Lupelamenta

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Similar thing happened to me yesterday. I did a soft reset. How to Soft Reset Google Nexus 7 Tablet Basically, you just hold down the power button until the "google" boot screen appears (that means keep holding it down past the power down screen). Let it reboot. That fixed mine. Perhaps it will do the same for you. It's worth a try.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If GSDer's suggestion doesn't help, see if there are other settings in that Advanced menu like "Avoid poor connections" (which should be unchecked) or "Wi-fi optimization" (which you should actually try unchecking, because the optimization is intended to safe battery life, not improve wifi reception).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez