auto restoring downloading is taking forever?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
so i got a replacement tablet today. it actually has a "new" function which automatically download all the previous apps that i downloaded before.

i didn't know that that function exists when i sent it for repair before.

now it has downloaded some apps really quickly. but it has been more than an hour, it is still downloading. i tried to stop one app downloading, then tried to install it again. it is still downloading.

i suppose that if i restart, it may help.

but what is going on here? is that also a known issue?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had that happen on other devices. Maybe reboot the tablet and try it again.

Also, that's not a new function...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
when did it start to have this auto-restore function?

i have sent it for repair four times, it has never happened to me before. i usually just sign in with my user name and password, then i got a new screen. i had to reinstall everything everytime!

yes, after i reboot, this thing was able to reinstall most of my apps.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
when did it start to have this auto-restore function?

i have sent it for repair four times, it has never happened to me before. i usually just sign in with my user name and password, then i got a new screen. i had to reinstall everything everytime!

yes, after i reboot, this thing was able to reinstall most of my apps.
In the future, disable data or turn on airplane mode. That should stop the apps from downloading. Then go into the settings and disable the backup/restore feature, it should be under system settings > backup/reset.

I never allow it to backup and restore because it can take forever. Often times you are better off re-installing apps and services manually. Plus, it gives you time to clean-house and re-install only the apps you use and/or no longer want.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i don't remember seeing that question until i got this replacement.

and i think that my old one consumed batter too fast, too. now with the replacement, the battery power decreases at least 30% slower.