4.4.3 for the LTE model?

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I still don't have 4.4.3~

If it bothers you enough Google does have a factory image available. Or I'm sure xda has the OTA file somewhere that you could sideload.

It rather bugs me that carriers get in the way of bug fixes and security updates.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If it bothers you enough Google does have a factory image available. Or I'm sure xda has the OTA file somewhere that you could sideload.

It rather bugs me that carriers get in the way of bug fixes and security updates.

I'm curious; whatever do the carriers have to do with Nexus 7 LTE operating system updates? The device is unlocked and not tied to any carrier, just as the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5.

So, again, why is everyone blaming "carriers" for Nexus 7 being slow to get 4.4.4? Why aren't these same carriers blocking updates on the 4 and 5?

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious; whatever do the carriers have to do with Nexus 7 LTE operating system updates? The device is unlocked and not tied to any carrier, just as the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5.

So, again, why is everyone blaming "carriers" for Nexus 7 being slow to get 4.4.4? Why aren't these same carriers blocking updates on the 4 and 5?

Read page one of this very thread.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry; I'm just not convinced. :)

What about the Nexus 5? It does LTE also and, as already pointed out, LTE is LTE - there is no special Verizon "flavor" of LTE that would require their input...

The Nexus 5 isn't approved by Verizon for their network.

The theory is Google worked hard to get Verizons approval for the Nexus 7 and they don't want to mess up the relationship by pushing out updates Verizon hasn't tested and approved.

It is speculated that the Nexus 5 could work on Verizon fine but I figure they don't want to deal with the hassle and delays.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 5 isn't approved by Verizon for their network.

The theory is Google worked hard to get Verizons approval for the Nexus 7 and they don't want to mess up the relationship by pushing out updates Verizon hasn't tested and approved.

It is speculated that the Nexus 5 could work on Verizon fine but I figure they don't want to deal with the hassle and delays.

Well, I suppose...

But frankly, every indication is that Google doesn't give a crap what Verizon thinks. :)

vinniemac

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Not helpful. I decline to do my OEM's work for it.

The observation remains: HTC is before Google.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
No idea, I haven't seen it for my LTE version either.

Meanwhile on my other Nexus 7 WiFi I'm having a neat time with the L preview. This is the experience I expected with Nexus, not what I'm getting with the LTE version.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
We know, this thread has devolved into general griping on how the LTE version basically isn't getting the Nexus treatment. Updates lag well behind and it's left out of the L preview...

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 7 2013 LTE Tablet upgraded to Android 4.4.3 OTA about a month or so ago. I guess I'm like everyone else now and waiting for Android 4.4.4 to come OTA.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm beginning to think it won't happen, and instead will just go to L. Haha, that sounds funny if you say it quickly. Go to L!

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm beginning to think it won't happen, and instead will just go to L. Haha, that sounds funny if you say it quickly. Go to L!

Can the Nexus 7 2013 LTE Tablet upgrade from Android 4.4.3 right to L without Android 4.4.4 as the base? I don't think it can.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
One way to get 4.4.4.

XmzJcfk.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699