Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By george Iverieli
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Error Downloading "app name" There is insufficient space on the device

Hi guys,

Help! i want to bang my head on the wall.
    Recently purchased a nexus 7 and this problem occurs every time i install an app more than 100mb. I was trying to install Battlefield 4 Commander app (700mb) and Dead Trigger 2 (400mb) but no success it will download all the file but once it reaches 98% it gives that same old error.

I've tried using app cache cleaner as some people got luck fixing it but not mine. i also tried using a file explorer to search for that data/app-lib but no such folder exists.

Im running Kitkat 4.4.3 and really desperate to get a solution.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ronald villegas; 06-24-2014 at 07:24 AM.

Default Re: Error Downloading "app name" There is insufficient space on the device

What does your Settings -> Storage look like?If you have at least 1GB available it shouldn't be an issue.

Have you tried rebooting into Recovery mode and wiping the system cache?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Error Downloading "app name" There is insufficient space on the device

I am facing same problem of google play store When i try to download any app it occured Error " There is insufficient space on the device.

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by subhash Chander View Post
    I am facing same problem of google play store When i try to download any app it occured Error " There is insufficient space on the device.
    It's quite possible that your device is full. What does the Storage view show (see the previous post)? Post a screenshot if possible.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Had the same message.
    Error Downloading "app name" There is insufficient space on the device
    What helped me:
    in settings, I moved some games "from internal storage to storage card"....or I think could just delete those games

It has worked on Kitkat so may apply to older versions of Android

a) Settings > Storage > Phone Storage ( or could be Internal storage, wherever Google Play Services is) > apps > Google Play Services > Click Clear cache > (on the same page) Manage space > Clear all data > Manage search storage > clear now > press back button <- twice and you will end up on Google Play Services - App info page > press Force stop

b) Find Google Settings among applications or under Settings > Google settings > click on menu button on the page > Clear app data

c) Launch Google play store > download desired application

Hopefully it works for you as well. Feedback will be appreciated.
    Thanked by 2:
    PINANK SHETH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by george Iverieli View Post
    It has worked on Kitkat so may apply to older versions of Android

a) Settings > Storage > Phone Storage ( or could be Internal storage, wherever Google Play Services is) > apps > Google Play Services > Click Clear cache > (on the same page) Manage space > Clear all data > Manage search storage > clear now > press back button <- twice and you will end up on Google Play Services - App info page > press Force stop

b) Find Google Settings among applications or under Settings > Google settings > click on menu button on the page > Clear app data

c) Launch Google play store > download desired application

Hopefully it works for you as well. Feedback will be appreciated.
    Thanks a lot!! It worked for me!

purging the data and the cache worked for me. I just looked through all the apps that were large and I did not use, purged their data. Then the download worked.