The lcamera app apk "Parse Error" and "There was a problem while parsing the package"

gargavf

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
The lcamera app apk "Parse Error" and "There was a problem while parsing the package"

I am trying to install the L Camera app, it's not on the google play store but it's available

https://github.com/PkmX/lcamera/releases

The APK file is there.

https://github.com/PkmX/lcamera/releases/download/dev-build/lcamera-debug.apk

I tried to run it in my Nexus 4. which runs Android 4.3

And I get that message.

View attachment 246275

I watched a youtube video that linked to a program called apk editor pro and said to edit the manifest file within the apk and to look for the word sdk and to change the min to 14 and the target to 21.. Anyhow that didn't help. The apk editor pro program said "cannot parse the apk file: null". and it showed me a line about min sdk and platform sdk, I changed them and saved it and tried to open the apk but still the same error. I then tried copying the apk to zip and opening it and looking at the android manifest xml but it was binary... So I downloaded apktools and that extracted it with the xml file in text form. But I didn't see any line about minsdk.

I then found another youtube video, it said go to settings...personal section..security.. and make sure "unknown sourcess allow installation of apps form sources other tan the play store" is ticked.. and to untick and tick it to make sure. And it said to uncheck verify apps. And it mentioned one other setting that I don't have on my phone, about giving programs permmissions. None of those settings fixed the problem.

Any suggestions?

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: The lcamera app apk "Parse Error" and "There was a problem while parsing the package"

Sounds like the app is not compatible with your device/OS. You need to contact the developers

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: The lcamera app apk "Parse Error" and "There was a problem while parsing the package"

A parse error would suggest a syntax error in the manifest file.
The app developer would need to fix this.

NoodleboxP

Dec 17, 2019
Visit site

A parse error would suggest a syntax error in the manifest file.
The app developer would need to fix this.

But from Google? I found it odd that there would a Syntax Error from them. I'm having trouble downloading GBoard and Google Assistant. Also Swiftkey by Microsoft too. Did they put security in their coding? I'm using Android 8.1 too.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site

Which phone?
Which version of android?

An old phone running old software trying to open a new APK with an updated syntax in the manifest file could also get this error.
If the APK was downloaded to an SD card that is slowly going bad, you could also get this error.

NoodleboxP

Dec 17, 2019
Visit site

Which phone?
Which version of android?

An old phone running old software trying to open a new APK with an updated syntax in the manifest file could also get this error.
If the APK was downloaded to an SD card that is slowly going bad, you could also get this error.

It's fake unbranded tablet. It says it's an Android 8.1 but when you tap Android Version repeatedly in "About Tablet" it comes out as KitKat! I got suckered. :'( I also download version checker and spec apsp from Google Plays it say it's fake from Resolution 1920 x 1080 is really 1280 x 800 , RAM, Storage, 8,8000 maH is really 1000 maH Battery Capactiy! Everything!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfgfg