Charging became very slow

thac than

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
My device charges very slowly (i used it about 2 years)
I tried many ways to fix but nothing changes.
Is there any change that my battery is damage (i tried another adapter) and it take so much time to charge.
Please confirm that and suggest any solution (except replacement)

Thank you

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, sometimes the solution is not what you want to hear, but if you've tried any of the below, I'm afraid it IS a dying battery. You've had this for two years, after all...
1) Different charger with at least 1Amp output rating.
2) Different USB cable. Sometimes a faulty cable can cause power loss along the cable.
3) If your phone has a removable battery, remove it and leave the device powered off for a few minutes.
3b) If your phone DOES have a removable battery, then it would be a good idea to try and get another battery just to test. Maybe from a friend or at a store if they can lend you one? This would pretty much confirm if it is indeed the battery.

Also, if your battery is removable, check it on a table. If it doesn't lay flat or has noticeable bumps, it IS starting to get bad, and actually might become a fire hazard if you continue to use it like that.

thac than

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Thank you SpookDroid.
Mine is Nexus 7 so i cannot replace battery for testing.
I tried different adapter which also the same Vol and Amp. I also try another USB cable.
So maybe my battery is damage and i have to replace it.
But the thing is if my battery is damage, like phone battery, it will quickly reduce my using time, but my time is also the same. That makes me think that it maybe not because of battery.
So please confirm that "maybe" my battery is damage. Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It can still be the battery. With time, if the battery is starting to 'die', it may hold the same charge (OK, it doesn't, but you might be used to the decreased level already) but the charging starts to slow down because it's harder for the battery to recharge. Think of someone who runs every day for 10 years. Maybe you can still run the same distance every time, but you can't do it as fast at the end of it as you could when you were 10 years younger, and you may even have to stop for a break or two. Same principle. The charge is there, but the wear might make it difficult to charge fast.

Also, the charging circuit may be busted, but that's a bit harder to diagnose.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

It would be worth it to try charging the N7 with it turned completely off and see how long that takes.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

thac than

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

It would be worth it to try charging the N7 with it turned completely off and see how long that takes.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

It takes 7 hours to charge from 20% to 70%, since last month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38