Custom font issue on rooted Nexus7 running 5.1.1

Nymblz

May 16, 2012
Visit site
This weekend I sideloaded to 5.1.1 with the Nexus 7 Toolkit, and re-rooted.
Everything seemed fine at first.
Considering the plethora of other more severe issues I've seen here, I guess I'm not in bad shape.
But one of the main reasons for me to root is to change the system font.
I've done it before when I ran KitKat, using iFont and Font Installer.. but now when I try to do it, I get
(on iFont anyway) "Font size is 261KB, Phone the remaining storage space for 0.00KB*, less than 2.0 times the font size, replace font may fail!" *sic. (dat English!!!)
This is ridiculous because I have nearly 3GB of free storage space still, I am not out of space.

Though possibly related, another issue I see now is that the tablet reports a total of 6GB, when it's a 16GB tablet. I have no idea where the missing 10GB went.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
This weekend I sideloaded to 5.1.1 with the Nexus 7 Toolkit, and re-rooted.
Everything seemed fine at first.
Considering the plethora of other more severe issues I've seen here, I guess I'm not in bad shape.
But one of the main reasons for me to root is to change the system font.
I've done it before when I ran KitKat, using iFont and Font Installer.. but now when I try to do it, I get
(on iFont anyway) "Font size is 261KB, Phone the remaining storage space for 0.00KB*, less than 2.0 times the font size, replace font may fail!" *sic. (dat English!!!)
This is ridiculous because I have nearly 3GB of free storage space still, I am not out of space.

Though possibly related, another issue I see now is that the tablet reports a total of 6GB, when it's a 16GB tablet. I have no idea where the missing 10GB went.

Welcome to Android Central!

When you side loaded the new OS did you clear your data and factor reset?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty