System Update Downloaded Notification Won't Go Away

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Many months ago I downloaded Lollipop 5.0.x. Everything worked fine. However, because of the reports of bricked devices I resisted updating to 5.1.1. A couple of weeks ago I gave in and downloaded and installed the update. If I go into settings, About Tablet, Android Version, it shows 5.1.1, yet every day I get a notification that states System Update Downloaded. If I tap on it I'm told to restart and install it.

What's going on with this constant message to install 5.1.1, which is already installed?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So that's probably why you keep getting the notification. As far as I can tell, it's just a small maintenance update. No changelog was provided by Google. I installed it, and it works fine.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
So that's probably why you keep getting the notification. As far as I can tell, it's just a small maintenance update. No changelog was provided by Google. I installed it, and it works fine.

Thanks for the info. I will install it tomorrow and give you an update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

sleeky04

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I bought a nexus 7 today, updated it to 5.1.1 with build number LMY48G but I'm still getting the System Update Downloaded message box that won't go away. Please could you help me sort it

Jeff Archer

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I am on 5.1.1 build LMY48M.
System update downloaded notification will not go away.
I have gone through the motion of Reboot & Install a number of times.

Jeff Archer

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
OK. I see. I have apparently been getting a different build number each time. Finally no more system update downloaded notification after installing LMY48T

Paul Thompson8

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Jeff your second post was helpful to many I had the same problem after your post I checked the build number and noticed I had a few more updates to go.