Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Did you do the update?
[ I was ] too depressed to do anything . . 😥 🏈
. . and it's still making the noti sound, even though there's:
• no notifications
• no texts
• no calls
. . I can get the noti sounds to stop, by changing 'sounds', but every time I get a new txt – the noti sound keeps going off, every 2~4 mins.

So I suppose I'll do the update.
Thanks again for your suggestions. 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
. . and it's still making the noti sound, even though there's:
• no notifications
• no texts
• no calls
. . I can get the noti sounds to stop, by changing 'sounds', but every time I get a new txt – the noti sound keeps going off, every 2~4 mins.

So I suppose I'll do the update.
Thanks again for your suggestions.
Keep us posted

Reactions: winmod21

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Could you have turned on the repeating notification? The one that nags you?
How do you do that ?=))
🤣🤣🤣

Now that music is going to be stuck in my head for a couple of days. All I'm gonna hear is Sports Go Sports!

Meanwhile @winmod21, I hope you get this reoccurring sound issue resolved. It's got to be really annoying...
Then I'm glad I didn't listen to it ! 😬

Yes, it is. 🤨🤪😄 And thanks for commiserating !;-)
It'd be nice to discover that I did accidentally turn some kind of 'repeating notification' thing-a-ma-jig on, per @Gary_Berg 's query. If I only knew where to look for that. :unsure:

It all started when I swyped the txt notification bubble icon—down to the 'X' that appears at the bottom of your home screen—that turns red when the txt bubble icon starts to swype across it, before they both disappear, simultaneously..... at the same time another txt was coming in, the other day. If any of that makes any sense. ;)

. . . If it's not one thing . . . it's one thing after the other!
. . . Things don't improve with age . . . Look at your truck. Look at your roof. Look in the mirror!
. . . If the women don't find you handsome . . . they should at least find you handy!

&
. . . If it ain't broke . . . you're not trying!

Last edited:

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
To turn off repeating notifications, go to settings, notifications, advanced settings. turn off "Repeat notification alerts". There's a menu behind that toggle, where you can set which apps, interval, and vibration.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
To turn off repeating notifications, go to settings, notifications, advanced settings. turn off "Repeat notification alerts". There's a menu behind that toggle, where you can set which apps, interval, and vibration.
Thanks for that. It was on, set to 'Remind every 3 minutes" (which is approx how often the noti sound is going off 🤔), however they keep sounding – even after I 'Clear' the notifications from the notification drop-down menu, per the 'Notification reminders' note that says, "Clear notifications to stop the reminders."
Yet after I do that (clear the noti's) from the noti drop-down.... they keep sounding. I guess I could try removing Messages from the: 'Apps to get reminders for'.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
How do you do that ?=))

Then I'm glad I didn't listen to it ! 😬

Yes, it is. 🤨🤪😄 And thanks for commiserating !;-)
It'd be nice to discover that I did accidentally turn some kind of 'repeating notification' thing-a-ma-jig on, per @Gary_Berg 's query. If I only knew where to look for that. :unsure:

It all started when I swyped the txt notification bubble icon—down to the 'X' that appears at the bottom of your home screen—that turns red when the txt bubble icon starts to swype across it, before they both disappear, simultaneously..... at the same time another txt was coming in, the other day. If any of that makes any sense. ;)

. . . If it's not one thing . . . it's one thing after the other!
. . . Things don't improve with age . . . Look at your truck. Look at your roof. Look in the mirror!
. . . If the women don't find you handsome . . . they should at least find you handy!

&
. . . If it ain't broke . . . you're not trying!
Have you tried resetting all app preferences yet? That would reverse any setting you accidentally made. It's helped me out in situations like yours 😉

Reactions: winmod21

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried resetting all app preferences yet? That would reverse any setting you accidentally made. It's helped me out in situations like yours 😉

Thanks @J Dubbs ! 😉

I was trying other things first, as I didn't want to update or reset anything. 😏
And yes, I've realised that I definitely have Update-phobia! 🫣 😉

As every Android phone I've ever owned—Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Galaxy SIII, Galaxy S7 Active, and before that, an iPhone 2 & 3GS—all became drastically sluggish and slower after every AT&T and/or Samsung or Android update; usually all of them, and of course with depleted storage. 🙄 It's a conspiracy! 😁

SmartSelect_20210525-181557_Facebook.jpg

Although I did take screenshots of all my settings, so I guess I'll try that resetting of app preferences. 😉

Edit: just reset app preferences, and happy to now report that there's no repeating noti sounds ! 😁
Approx 18 hours later, this notification appeared:
"App put in deep sleep" – "Phone INFO was put in deep sleep because it was sending unnecessary notifications and slowing down your phone."

Thanks again for everyone's helpful suggestions and ideas! 😁

Also read through 'Similar threads' below... ↓

Last edited:
Reactions: J Dubbs

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000