Google Nexus 7 (2013) performance

GadgetGal66

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I bought the Google Nexus 7 to use for testing Android-related apps. I was surprised that one of my favorite games on another device is slow as molasses on the Nexus 7. Is it because of the Nexus or the game? The game plays fine on another device that came out a year before the Nexus 7.

rasmith1959

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Google Nexus 7 to use for testing Android-related apps. I was surprised that one of my favorite games on another device is slow as molasses on the Nexus 7. Is it because of the Nexus or the game? The game plays fine on another device that came out a year before the Nexus 7.
So what is this mystery app, or are we supposed to guess?

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that some games run slower on my N7 than on other devices, but it has never reduced my enjoyment of any of them. It is odd that a device a year older would run an app better than the N7, though. I'd be more inclined to chalk it up to a problem with the app than the device, but who knows? Try some other apps/games and see if you notice a difference.

GadgetGal66

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. Here's hoping. Since it's not a main device -- but for testing ... don't have too many opportunities to play games and experiment. Talked to game support and they said they're working on performance improvements.

lokster

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
i bought the Nexus 7 because my samsung tab s 10.5 was way too big to bring around in public, i was pleasantly surprised that it could play X-com enemy unknown perfectly without any lag! The next graphic intensive game is probably hitman sniper.

For the resolution and size of the tablet the performance is pretty good, maybe certain apps arent optimized that well or something