YAY! Swiftkey 3 now uses Google's Voice Typing!

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
In an update that should be hitting the update very soon, SK3 is adding Google's awesome Voice Typing as an optional voice input. They still need to keep the old version since the vast majority don't have Voice Typing yet, but we no longer have to use a convoluted workaround to get to Voice Typing while using SK!!

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
The addition of Voice Typing is a HUGE improvement. The older voice input was serviceable, and I used it all the time before Voice Typing came out with ICS, but once you use that, it is hard to go back to the older method.

darthtata85

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Got this on my Nexus 7 tonight and its so much better than the stock keyboard by a mile so much more responsive and the google voice intregation is genius.

anon(580888)

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Now here's the big question, tablet version or phone version? I have both downloaded and so far it seems that the phone version is easier to use. The keys on the tablet version are just too small. Thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
*disclaimer, Im on the xoom 4.1.1

I prefer the stock keyboard to either the new tablet OR phone versions of swiftkey.

I dont like the separated keyboard and the phone version is way to small.

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

I prefer the stock keyboard to either the new tablet OR phone versions of swiftkey.

Also have Xoom, I use Thumb on Xoom. Swiftkey on GNex. Thumb is great on a big tablet.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

You have the option to choose the regular qwerty keyboard. Just go to settings and switch. And you can resize the phone's keyboard.

cqpearson

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Works great on my galaxy s 2. In fact I'm using swiftkey and google voice input as I speak this today! Flawless.

Sent from my SPH-D710

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
One interesting thing about the Voice Typing is that it can work when offline. It goes slower, but it works. BUT, when you actually have a connection, but not a very good one, sometimes it times out. It is better in these circumstances to put into airplane mode and use it offline, then go back online if you need to send something. I wish it would figure this out on the fly and switch the Voice Typing to offline when this happens.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a 7" tablet and a 4.2" phone, and despite the fact that I have $25 in credit burning a virtual hole in my virtual pocket, I'm cheap and don't like to pay for things twice.

So which version is best for both phone and tablet? Or does it matter?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech