Problem streaming video on Nexus 7

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone that has had this issue with Youtube streaming seen anything similar with Netflix streaming?

The few times I have streamed video from Youtube it has worked fine, but I tried streaming a movie via Netflix the other night (I usually use my 10" tablet for Netflix) and it borked completely a couple of times. It just hung with the circling notification that it was buffering and I had to restart the Netflix app. My network isn't the problem and I don't have Network streaming issues with any of my umpteen other devices. Just the N7.

Thoughts?

-Suntan

Sounds like a typical Android OS issue -- some poorly behaved app decided to run in the background and zapped your memory pointers but that's just a guess. Netflix is capable of doing that all on its own as well but background app is more likely.

benjilou69

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys.
I am new to this forum and I need help. Just got a Nexus 7 for Christmas and already having problems with video streaming on YouTube. I am from the UK and don't know how to fix this so please help . Ben

benjilou69

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello again guys.
Just went on YouTube and used the desktop version and the video streaming worked fine. But when you use the mobile version video streaming it buffers every 5 seconds or so. So is this the problem, so can someone else try this and let me know. Cheers Ben

jcharles777

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Having same reported problem streaming video on Nexus 7. Unable to view a simple food network cooking video. I sure hope I didn't make a mistake going with this tablet. Network signal is good in my home...other devices work fine. Comments please...

Ryan Ridley

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I have tired a lot of things to fix this issue but nothing works. The last few days I'm also experiencing some poor speeds with loading YouTube app. I click on a video and it takes YouTube about 2 mins to load the video. I have a 60mb virgin media line. With a Speed test I get 25mb over WiFi.

I do thing every problem we have atm is down to YouTube.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Pitothead

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to throw a spanner in the works, but I have just watched two 15 mins HQ videos full screen on utube with no problems. In fact I dragged forwarded a few minutes and it reloaded in less than two seconds.
JB 4.2.1 and on default settigs ( well I haven't changed anything).

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
YouTube is complete garbage to the point where I only use it on my computer. When I try to watch videos on my tablet they constantly buffer and cut out in the middle of them. Any video longer then a minute or two will only play till about half and will then quit playing and buffering altogether.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to throw a spanner in the works, but I have just watched two 15 mins HQ videos full screen on utube with no problems. In fact I dragged forwarded a few minutes and it reloaded in less than two seconds.
JB 4.2.1 and on default settigs ( well I haven't changed anything).

I'd have to agree. I've played a number of the 15-ish minute Machinima videos on Youtube and they stream fine. I'm not saying that people aren't having streaming issues with Youtube, but it isn't "just" Youtube's fault.

If anything I would put wagers on the issue being a combination of their WLAN and N7. Possibly also some people have bad DNS server settings.

-Suntan

Ryan Ridley

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Does the keyboard only disappear in virtual landscape mode? I know it disappears once the slider is opened which might be the cause.

To sort it for me I just assigned a static ip and then for the second dns ip I put on Google 8.8.4.4.. I have not had any issues since.

Jeff Da

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have this same problem and I have tried all the suggestions and nothing worked

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums