Nexus 9 Tablet: Pre Order Thread. Are you getting one?

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Pre-ordered a 32gb LTE through Best Buy.

Is this shipped, or is there an online option when ordering for in-store pick up on Nov 3?

EDIT: I just noticed, the site says "Store pickup: coming soon" for the Nexus 9, so currently only pre-orders for shipped devices are currently available.

I might see if I can pre-order at the store for pick-up on Nov 3rd.

Last edited:

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Has there been any release date for the "sand" color? I'll be dropping money down on it the second it is available for preorder!

J

scottfish

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered yesterday. I had been anxiously awaiting the new Nexus and iPad announcement to help me decide.

I am all Android aside from the iPad 4 which has been a constant bedside companion. The screen size made reading magazines so much better than on my Nexus 7 and no larger Android tablet really did it for me yet. The Nexus 10 was compelling, but was getting long in the tooth.

In anticipation of a possible full Android switch, all of my subscription services have been switched to device agnostic folks like Pocketmags.

In the end, I know what I am getting with an iPad. I am hoping the N9 exceeds my expectations.

P.s. Got white to match my new chalk back/black front moto x.

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to preorder from T-Mobile when it's available. TMO is running a promotion were they will give me 5gb data per month for an additional $10/month.

Posted via Android Central App

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Planned on waiting for some reviews but once again my lack of any patience won and I pre-ordered through Best Buy. I justified in my head I didn't need to wait since I had some Best Buy Reward Point and hell that's just a deal I can't wait on. Ordered the 32 GB White after seeing it on a video on youtube and my only concern will be keeping it clean.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Ordered mine on Saturday the 18th. 16GB white. I wanted to get the cover but wasn't available yet. I don't plan to game much on it, that's what my Shield Portable is for. I have some google Play movies but not too many and they are mostly SD so I don't think I'll need that much storage. Mostly just going to read on it, surf and YouTube... Plus the usual: email, calendar and probably evernote... It looks like its gonna be a beast though! Probably overkill for my use case but hey...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Planned on waiting for some reviews but once again my lack of any patience won and I pre-ordered through Best Buy. I justified in my head I didn't need to wait since I had some Best Buy Reward Point and hell that's just a deal I can't wait on. Ordered the 32 GB White after seeing it on a video on youtube and my only concern will be keeping it clean.

Preordered on October 16th from Amazon.

Preordered the 32gb White N9 from Amazon, grabbed the 3yr insurance as well.

Ordered mine on Saturday the 18th. 16GB white. I wanted to get the cover but wasn't available yet. I don't plan to game much on it, that's what my Shield Portable is for. I have some google Play movies but not too many and they are mostly SD so I don't think I'll need that much storage. Mostly just going to read on it, surf and YouTube... Plus the usual: email, calendar and probably evernote... It looks like its gonna be a beast though! Probably overkill for my use case but hey...

Please do come back and share your experiences once you receive them :)

djm7541

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Ouf, at first I thought, "yes". Then I was hesitating because there's only charging by the USB cable. But now I am seeing the way I am looking at this thing, and more and more it's looking like I will certainly get one.

I own a Nexus 10. I looked a lot at the Nexus 7, version 2013. Not because I needed one, but just because I was so tempted. But I never bought the Nexus 7. And even though the Nexus 7 is a fine tablet, I am happy that I resisted a pointless (for me) purchase.

But this Nexus 9 ? No, this time around I will just give in, and get one. The Nexus 10 will freeze up on me, once a day, since I installed Kit Kat. Once a day is not a big problem, but maybe the 9 will not do that.

In any case, I am getting one, a Nexus 9, simply because it looks fast and I want one.

roninmedia

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm awaiting the Black Friday ads. I'm anticipating Best Buy will have about a $50 discount on the Nexus 9 and will not be a must-have line-up item. The iPad Air had that discount in 2013 when it was released on Nov. 1st, 2013.

$429.99 for the 32GB
  • - $145 in Best Buy Gift Cards from trade-in events
  • - 10% off in-store coupon (or Discover cash back)
  • + 6.5% sales tax
Total: $273.16

djm7541

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm awaiting the Black Friday ads. I'm anticipating Best Buy will have about a $50 discount on the Nexus 9

It would be nicer if we could agree, but quite frankly, I have doubts about all that. I'd "anticipate" that it will be out of stock, but that might be wrong too. But the most likely scenario is that it won't be out of stock, and it won't be selling at a discount either, until at least February.

olliex11

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd pre-ordered mine from Amazon UK (32GB white one via Prime to negate the carriage charge from the Play Store) and just received an email to say I wouldn't receive it before the 16th December... :(

To quote Amazon:

Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"HTC 8.9 inch Nexus 9 Tablet - (White) (ARM 2.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 32GB Memory, Wi-Fi, Android v5.0)"
Estimated arrival date: December 16 2014

One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You haven't been charged for these items. We don't charge your payment card until just before your parcel is dispatched, at which time we'll send you an e-mail to confirm the payment details, estimated delivery date, contents and method of delivery.

If the order won't arrive by the time you need it, you can cancel the order or an individual item from your order by visiting Your Account, and viewing the order details. As long as the item hasn't entered the dispatch process, you'll be able to cancel it.

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department

My guess is Play Store demand may have outstripped pre-orders from elsewhere, so would assume Google are actually making sure Play customers get theirs first... So have ordered one from the Play Store too. Fingers crossed.

Jo 1

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
UK person here...

I cancelled my Amazon order because of the delay until December, but Google don't have a release date for the LTE version. Bit annoying. I don't absolutely need the LTE but as I expect I'll use this for a while I'd rather get the bells and whistles version just in case.

Flexia

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I ordered 16g white of amazon. Says I will have it the 4th. Really looking forward for the larger size. Hoping it doesn't seem to big as I'm not a fan of 10" tablets. Now for a case. I have the nexus 7 from 2012. And it is just starting to feel sluggish

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I had planned on picking up in store. Then the Amazon UK backorder horror stories started... So, BestBuy, White 16GB.