Google Nexus 9 Best Buy $100 trade in credit

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Re: Best Buy $100 trade in credit

OK, so the Best Buy promo is good, but the HTC 50% off promo (that hardly anyone was able to take advantage of) was great.

1) Who thinks that HTC will do good on their promise to do a better job with future promos?
2) Who thinks that the Nexus 9 will go back on sale from HTC (or anyone else, for that matter) for $200?
3) Who thinks that the Nexus 9 will sell for close to $200 for Black Friday?

1) and 2) They'll probably do a better job but don't count on them putting any more units up at that price. They'll just let you know when they are all sold out.
3) No way. Maybe $300ish with rebates or gift cards. All HTC was doing with their $199 promo was generating buzz. It only cost them a few hundred units.

fm123

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Just got the deal on a black 32gb, probably the last one. Saw on the screen only like 1 or 2 of black models at any store, but mostly 0 on hand. Used the $50 gift card for the purchase. Not bad for a Nexus 7 8gb model trade in.

Last edited:

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I also just used the trade-in promo to grab a black 32GB model. I asked the rep in the store if they were getting any white models in or could order me one and he told me that they were showing as unavailable for the store. Meaning you could order them through the website, but they couldn't get them in store. Seems kind of odd, but whatever. This was the only N9 my Best Buy had and I figure even if there is holiday promotion, it won't be more than $100 off. I've been wrong before though...

mched

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I took avantage of the promotion yesterday. Traded in a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0 and got the last 32gb in black that my Best Buy had.
Out of curiosity, if you decide to return the nexus 9, how would they do it since you had to give them your old device?

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I attempted to trade in a Galaxy Tab 7.7 at my local best buy yesterday only to be told that "they don't have a pawn license from the city so they are only allowed to trade in items that were purchased there". Sounds pretty stupid to me.. they swore up and down that another best buy would be able to trade it in for me but I was already an hour from home and the next closest store was another 45 minutes away. Tried to set the deal up online today only to see that it ended. I truly, truly hate best buy 99% of the time. I think at this point though I'm just gonna wait a bit.. every android tablet I've bought has had extreme price drops within a month after I purchased it.

Bought a gpad 8.3 full price brand new.. price took a ****. Bought a galaxy tab pro 8.4.... price took a ****. Now I'm basically trying to sell my surface pro 3 and my galaxy tab 8.4 pro and buy a nexus 9 and pocket the rest of the cash as I really don't need the both and the surface is overkill. They're up on swappa if anyone is interested =)

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I took avantage of the promotion yesterday. Traded in a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0 and got the last 32gb in black that my Best Buy had.
Out of curiosity, if you decide to return the nexus 9, how would they do it since you had to give them your old device?
My guess would be that if you return the N9, you would just get a Best Buy credit for the purchase price. I can't imagine they would give you your old device back.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks so much for that tip! Exactly what I needed/wanted. And note that they weren't in stock, but I have a week to find one, which may be a challenge this first week of Christmas shopping, but I have three stores easy to hit, and more not far off....

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Just an FYI, I was able to trade this in for the discount. I paid probably $40. For this

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 14321.jpg
    14321.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 17

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm now the proud owner of a $300 Nexus 9! Thank you everyone for helping make that happen. Charged up on the way home, now to double tap....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95