Trade in for original Pixel Watch at Best Buy and the Google Store

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I ordered the Pixel Watch 2 at Best Buy when they offered $80 on trade in for the original PW. Then I noticed that Google is now offering $110 on trade in. I chatted with a BB rep, and they said they'd honor it as long as I had a screen capture of the offer.
9880c05a295fc5bca3e25623b086a7a3.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Nice deal! I recently traded in my Fossil Gen 6 for a Pixel Watch 2 and got $125 for it. I did really like the Fossil, but I also have a Citizen CZ Smart 2.1, which is even nicer-looking and has essentially the same internals, so I figured I could do without the Fossil.

Reactions: FF22 and jhilker

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nice deal! I recently traded in my Fossil Gen 6 for a Pixel Watch 2 and got $125 for it. I did really like the Fossil, but I also have a Citizen CZ Smart 2.1, which is even nicer-looking and has essentially the same internals, so I figured I could do without the Fossil.
So how do you like the Watch 2? What is better or worse than the Watch 1?

Reactions: SeeBeeEss

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So how do you like the Watch 2? What is better or worse than the Watch 1?
It's a little hard for me to say, because I'm not exactly doing a direct comparison with the Watch 1 -- I had given that to my wife a while back (to replace her broken Fitbit Charge 4), and I went back to the Fossil and Citizen watches. Compared to those watches (which are pretty much identical to each other), the Watch 2 is stratospherically superior in terms of performance. But the Watch 1 also felt that way in comparison. My understanding is that the Watch 2's performance is supposed to be even better than the 1. I think I've noticed that the Watch 2's battery life is better, but I haven't had a chance to put it through its paces yet.

To be honest, the main difference I've noticed is the different charger, which is a mixed blessing. On the one hand, the new magnetic connection is stronger than the Watch 1's, but on the other hand, it can only fit one way (with the wire on the side of the crown), which might end up being inconvenient at some point if I use it in a stand.

Reactions: FF22

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's a little hard for me to say, because I'm not exactly doing a direct comparison with the Watch 1 -- I had given that to my wife a while back (to replace her broken Fitbit Charge 4), and I went back to the Fossil and Citizen watches. Compared to those watches (which are pretty much identical to each other), the Watch 2 is stratospherically superior in terms of performance. But the Watch 1 also felt that way in comparison. My understanding is that the Watch 2's performance is supposed to be even better than the 1. I think I've noticed that the Watch 2's battery life is better, but I haven't had a chance to put it through its paces yet.

To be honest, the main difference I've noticed is the different charger, which is a mixed blessing. On the one hand, the new magnetic connection is stronger than the Watch 1's, but on the other hand, it can only fit one way (with the wire on the side of the crown), which might end up being inconvenient at some point if I use it in a stand.
Wait, they changed CHARGERS? Can the OLD charger be used with the new watch or would my, ahem, extra, travel charger now be useless with an upgrade to Watch 2 ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wait, they changed CHARGERS? Can the OLD charger be used with the new watch or would my, ahem, extra, travel charger now be useless with an upgrade to Watch 2 ?
Nope, it's a different charger. Not sure why they felt that was necessary.:confused: At least the band connector is the same, so any extra bands you have for the 1st gen will work on the Watch 2.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
When I went to BB I was told the Price Match Guarantee didn't apply for trade-in. I went ahead and purchased it, but decided to reach out to Best Buy Support on Twitter. The first rep I chatted with was unbending in her insistence that they couldn't do anything, but I had better luck with the 2nd rep. I guess the squeaky wheel does get the grease! I just felt they needed to stand behind what the first rep told me.
00b049f85e463a333be8628a475e58dc.jpg

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Now, for the watch performance, I am really enjoying it so far. It does charge quite a bit faster than before, and I'm getting at least 24 hours with AOD. I was a bit bummed about the new charger too. I'm assuming this means the PW2 can't recharge wirelessly? I honestly had never tried recharging it using my phone, but it would be nice to have that option.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Now, for the watch performance, I am really enjoying it so far. It does charge quite a bit faster than before, and I'm getting at least 24 hours with AOD. I was a bit bummed about the new charger too. I'm assuming this means the PW2 can't recharge wirelessly? I honestly had never tried recharging it using my phone, but it would be nice to have that option.
My understanding is the new charger was implemented for 2 reasons more secure and faster charging and heat generation. It is charged by the 4 pins on the charging cable. There is no wireless charging on the watch 2.
I guess in theory you could mount the charging pad to a charging stand and hang the watch from it, the magnet is really quite strong.

Last edited:

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm really not keen on having to abandon yet another charging system. I have a stand that charges the Watch1, the Pixel Fold and the Pixel buds all at the same time.

Maybe I will wait till Watch 3, if I'm still alive - Fitbit ECG keeps telling me I'm "inconclusive" with the occasional Afib and normal! :eek:

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
This is my first watch so I don't have that issue but my charging stand has a usb port that I plug my watch into.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201