Nexus 9 Question

pfilias

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up a used 16GB Nexus 9 from a buddy for $150 to mess with. All the reviews I've read on this thing complain about it only have 1GB of RAM and that it is crippled because of this. This Nexus 9 in particular is enrolled in the Android N beta program. The previous owner must have done that prior to selling it to my friend.

That said, some reviews I read talked about running a different ROM on the device to make it more responsive and perform better. For the life of me, I can't find where I read that information and was reaching out to the Android Central Community to see if I could get some answers here.

In the past, I used to rock an HTC One (the first one that came out) and ran Cyanogenmod on it, loving it. I wasn't sure if CM was what some folks said they were running or if it was something else.

Anything would be appreciated.

Also, if I do go down the custom ROM route, and forgive me, I've been out of sorts on Android for about 2 years now, how to I go about backing up my apps, mainly games and the progress made in them (and in-app purchases) and then restoring them to the Nexus 9 with a different ROM?

Thanks!