Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I need to go back to the stock Nexus One ROM and recovery.img. However, I cannot find any complete versions of the original N1 ROM/images, and I can't find any instructions on how to do it on a mac. Am I stuck with Root? I don't want it anymore.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Did you back it up like the instructs stated? If so, it should be on your memory card.

Also, it will always stay rooted. I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong) to unroot the N1 at this present time.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Did you back it up like the instructs stated? If so, it should be on your memory card.

Also, it will always stay rooted. I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong) to unroot the N1 at this present time.

As much as it pains me Duvi....
I think you're correct. My sister hasn't rooted hers because she said there was no Unroot option and she wants to be able to return it if something happens.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
You CAN unroot. Its just very, very complicated.

Needless to say, I now have a copy of the stock shipping ROM stored safely on my hard drive in case I ever want to root again.

ekoulak

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site

you can unroot using fastboot to reflash everything back to stock except your bootloader stays unlocked

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
A quick Google search will get you to it. Or just go straight to xda-developers.

All of the versions that I found on XDA or modaco were useless. None contained the necessary files to reflash recovery, and I couldn't even get access to the necessary files due to bizarre compression.

This is the Rom I used. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2907839/Google-NexusOne-Firmware-usine-ERD79.zip

After you flash it (boot.img, then system.img, then recovery.img) you have to update to 2.1 update 1.

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity, why would you want to go back to stock? I have been running with Cyanogen 5.0.6 which is very similar to stock but has all the extra bits that work and look great. Oh yeah, and it's fast too.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity, why would you want to go back to stock? I have been running with Cyanogen 5.0.6 which is very similar to stock but has all the extra bits that work and look great. Oh yeah, and it's fast too.

Well, with stock you get updates, and all programs are sure to run. (on Cyanogen/Modaco I could not get opera to run for the life of me) Cyanogen eats battery life like there's no tomorrow, and there are also some radio issues. (at least I had some)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez