CyanogenMod for Nexus One v5.0.4.1 released

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
To download visit Cyanogen's forum.

* Can be used with or without Google applications
* Kernel 2.6.33 which supports highmem (thanks to Arve Hj?nnev?g and the rest @ Google for this work), tethering (thanks to Zinx and Ben Buxton for the original RNDIS backport, and Google for merging the goodies into the gadget subsystem), VPN/tun, and other modules (cifs, nfs, aufs, fuse)
* Clean shutdown/startup system
* NO APPS2SD. I've implemented a hack that will store the dalvik-cache of system apps in /cache, which saves you ~40MB on /data. A better APPS2SD system is being worked on by ChrisSoyers
* Built in USB tether
* Graphical enhancements, trippy bootanimation, #boobs, and excellent wallpapers by Prash
* ARM NEON optimizations from 0xdroid and Qualcomm
* Includes BusyBox, htop, nano, powertop, openvpn, bash, and all engineering commandline utilities
* FLAC audio support from Kenny Root
* Phone enhancements from Cytown
* Contacts enhancements from Wysie
* Perform zipalign-on-install of applications
* DeskClock tweaks- longer autosilence and "require unlock" option
* Massive APN list
* Huge collection of ringtones and audio
* All available locales are included thanks to PsychoBoy
* 360-degree auto-orientation by Optedoblivion
* Full color trackball notifications by ChainsDD
* OpenVPN integration thanks to James Bottomley
* Many other bugfixes and tweaks from AOSP contributors

If you've installed this ROM please share any findings or bugs in this thread.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
After using it for a hour or so I've found the signal to be all over the place. I would go from full bars to nothing and then back to full bars. Constantly would happen. Rolled back to my previous ROM and the behavior went away. Seems like others are complaining about a lot of things as well on other forums. Seems like more tweaking was needed before this was released IMHO.

R

Roy Aguilera

I am running this Rom on my Droid.:p
Works perfect for me.

garfnodie

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if someone could clarify a bit on some of the things that CyanogenMod's ROM includes.

* Kernel 2.6.33 which supports highmem (thanks to Arve Hj?nnev?g and the rest @ Google for this work), tethering (thanks to Zinx and Ben Buxton for the original RNDIS backport, and Google for merging the goodies into the gadget subsystem), VPN/tun, and other modules (cifs, nfs, aufs, fuse)
What does highmem and the other modules do?

* Clean shutdown/startup system
What does it mean by clean?

* NO APPS2SD. I've implemented a hack that will store the dalvik-cache of system apps in /cache, which saves you ~40MB on /data. A better APPS2SD system is being worked on by ChrisSoyers
No idea what this stuff means.

* Graphical enhancements, trippy bootanimation, #boobs, and excellent wallpapers by Prash
What kind of enhancements were done?

* ARM NEON optimizations from 0xdroid and Qualcomm
Again, no idea.

* Includes BusyBox, htop, nano, powertop, openvpn, bash, and all engineering commandline utilities
What can you do with these?

* Phone enhancements from Cytown
* Contacts enhancements from Wysie
Enhanced how?

* Perform zipalign-on-install of applications
Is this some kind of auto compression to save disk space?

* Many other bugfixes and tweaks from AOSP contributors
What kind of bug fixes?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is all so different from hacking my Pre and my Linux knowledge is limited to typing exactly what I see but not knowing what all the commands and stuff mean. I'm anxious to try this ROM... as soon as I can get it rooted (http://forum.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-one-roms-hacks/7664-stuck-waiting-device-trying-unlock-bootloader-2.html#post57255)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana