CyanogenMod released

rvspinx

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
From http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=623496
--------------
I've spent a bit of time working with the latest AOSP code, and figured out all of the necessary components to build a working system for the Nexus One from source. I put together a vendor overlay that can be used by any developer to build a working system for this device!

I've also added most of the same things that you can find in the previous CyanogenMod versions.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* While this build is heavily optimized, it is also capable of pushing your N1
* much harder. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis. Please do some
* research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/This is a pure, working AOSP build which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which I will share. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

* Can be used with or without Google applications
* Latest 2.6.29.6 kernel which supports tethering, vpn, and other modules (cifs, nfs, aufs, fuse)
* Clean shudown/startup system
* NO APPS2SD. I've implemented a hack that will store the dalvik-cache of system apps in /cache, which saves you ~40MB on /data
* Built in USB tether
* Minor graphical enhancements and an excellent wallpaper by Prash
* ARM NEON optimizations (mostly to the pixelflinger library) which have not been included in the stock build yet
* Includes BusyBox, htop, nano, powertop, openvpn, and all engineering commandline utilities
* Multitouch browser using native API and code from Luke Hutchison. More MT integration coming.
* FLAC audio support from Kenny Root
* Phone enhancements from Cytown
* Perform zipalign-on-install of applications
* DeskClock tweaks- longer autosilence and "require unlock" option
* Compcache is available via Spare Parts, but I don't recommend it
* Massive APN list
* Huge collection of ringtones and audio
* All available locales are included thanks to PsychoBoy
* Many other bugfixes and tweaks from AOSP contributors

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod GitHub

INSTRUCTIONS:
- First time flashing CM to your Nexus?
1. Do a Nandroid backup!
2. WIPE
3. Install the ROM
4. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading?
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

Latest version: 5.0-N1-beta2 - 01/26/2010
Download: http://n0rp.chemlab.org/android/nexus/experimental/update-cm-5.0-N1-beta2-signed.zip
MD5Sum: 849ed1829b5baafb2df657fa5820d77d

Google Addon: ERD79
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/25jmynjjnmz/gapps-passion-ERD79-signed.zip File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

Remember, this is BETA software. I can't promise it's not going to turn your phone into bacon or anything.

-----
Edited to correct links - sorry bout that.

Last edited:

Yahma

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
If you continue reading in the original thread, there is also a new release of the 2.6.32 kernel as well as a JIT patch. By enabling JIT on the Nexus One, people have been reporting 2-3x speed increases across the board!

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
If you continue reading in the original thread, there is also a new release of the 2.6.32 kernel as well as a JIT patch. By enabling JIT on the Nexus One, people have been reporting 2-3x speed increases across the board!

At the same time it seems many are now having issues. No wifi, major battery drain, etc... I think I'd avoid this for now...

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Did you end up getting an N1?

Sorry my friend, I have indeed moved on from the Droid. I was not getting the best Verizon service and my AT&T service is top notch. Just did not see the point of paying for mediocre service already getting great service else where. So now I share my sim card between the N1 and iPhone 3GS. I will not leave the Droid forums though. :eek:

R

Roy Aguilera

Sorry my friend, I have indeed moved on from the Droid. I was not getting the best Verizon service and my AT&T service is top notch. Just did not see the point of paying for mediocre service already getting great service else where. So now I share my sim card between the N1 and iPhone 3GS. I will not leave the Droid forums though. :eek:

What?:(

J/K

I see those Luke Wilson commercials got to you.
:p

Yahma

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been running Beta3 for about 2 days now with the 2.6.29-highmem kernel and I love it. I've had only one crash so far.. (hey its still beta!). I have much more RAM (395MB vs 265MB stock) and things are really fast. The 2.6.32 kernel has been pushed by Google and has many improvements. I can't wait till the final is released!

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I've been running Beta3 for about 2 days now with the 2.6.29-highmem kernel and I love it. I've had only one crash so far.. (hey its still beta!). I have much more RAM (395MB vs 265MB stock) and things are really fast. The 2.6.32 kernel has been pushed by Google and has many improvements. I can't wait till the final is released!

Have you lost any functions such as wifi?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74