Yet Another Thread About XBMC (Kodi)

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have it sideloaded onto my Nexus Player... what EXACTLY can I do with it. It looks a little confusing. I went to the website, but again.. a bit confusing. I don't have a movie or music collection of any sort do I won't need it for that.

Damendaze

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Xbmc/Kodi is a great feature for any android TV device but the best Android set top box I have used to date would by far be the Jalers System from Unitrex Solutions. Msd-4260

AMLOGIC 5812 QUAD CORE CORTEX-A9
ANDROID 4.4 INSTALLED
EIGHT CORE ARM GPU (GRAPHICS PROCESSING UNITS) MALI-450
4K2K DISPLAY , 3D BLUE-RAY SUPPORT
(2) USB PORTS
DOLBY DTS, SRS, DVIX HD, AC-3
8GB FLASH
2GB DDR3 RAM
EIGHT CORE ARM MALI-450 GPU
IEEE 802.11 B/G/N 2.4G/5.0G
HDMI2.0
BLURTOOTH 4.0
H.264 DATA RATE IS UP TO 60MBPS
10/100/1000 MBS
MIRACAST PRELOADED
XBMC/KODI PRELOADED

UNITREX SOLUTIONS has recently released this ATV and it is amazing. I can get away from it

Wilberries

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Not bad specs, but the mali 450 is an older gpu than their maliT764. And the S812 is a Cortex A9 whereas the RK3288 is Cortex A17. So if you are looking for an android box you may want to look at the RK3288 boxes.

The nexus player does not have the i-o ports, but has better horsepower, upgradeable os, voice integration, and the company google behind it. Asus has good build quality, that I would say is better than the type of boxes you refer to.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I gotta say... XBMC (Kodi) makes the Nexus Player absolutely awesome.. despite the lack of apps for the Nexus Player. Kodi and the ability to sideload apps are enough for me. Of course this is MY opinion.. others may disagree. To anyone who hasn't installed Kodi... do it... it's real simple. The possibilities are endless.