Will the Pixel 2 take a different course in advertising?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
We have all seen the 'Only on Verizon' tagline for the Pixel. I actually had a coworker tell me that he didn't know how else to get a Pixel. I think this needs to be reexamined when they advertise the new one.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: A different course in advertising?

We have all seen the 'Only on Verizon' tagline for the Pixel. I actually had a coworker tell me that he didn't know how else to get a Pixel. I think this needs to be reexamined when they advertise the new one.
Depends on the deal and if other carriers are carrying it.

Verizon marketing works.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Depends on the deal and if other carriers are carrying it.

Verizon marketing works.

It works, but almost to a detriment to the phone itself. I have had a couple people at work tell me they didn't want to switch to Verizon to get the phone.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site

It works, but almost to a detriment to the phone itself. I have had a couple people at work tell me they didn't want to switch to Verizon to get the phone.

I think lack of stock has prevented ownership more than exclusivity of the carrier at this point. Google should have more stock before they even consider expanding to different carriers for the Pixel 2. Can you imagine the horror of having Verizon, ATT and TMO/Sprint carry the phone and you can't even keep one carrier supplied let alone four?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I think lack of stock has prevented ownership more than exclusivity of the carrier at this point. Google should have more stock before they even consider expanding to different carriers for the Pixel 2. Can you imagine the horror of having Verizon, ATT and TMO/Sprint carry the phone and you can't even keep one carrier supplied let alone four?

Classic Google.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movefla19