Lifeproof Case

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Any review yet? Does anyone know if these cases can be taken on and off on a weekly basis, such as only use it when I go fishing? Or would that greatly shorten its lifespan

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Nope. I ordered one with the phone then I started reading the reviews. I canceled and ordered an Otterbox Commuter instead. I've no regrets.

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Can the case be easily taken on and off or would it eventually break? Would like to only use it on weekends.

I take mine off and occasionally use my battery case. It comes off easy enough. I like the case. It makes the phone a little bulky, but that was expected. I wish the edges on the back side of the case we're rubberized as well. The only real problem I've had is with the camera. If the outer lens gets dirty it will affect autofocus and clarity. They're recessed too so the lenses are hard to clean.

Brad Semenick

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I just got the LifeProof fre for my Pixel today, I've used LifeProof cases previously on my iPhone 5s and 6. The case passed the water test and was easy to install on my Pixel. As expected with these built in screen protectors there's that rainbow effect on the screen, I'll probably take off the case and try to clean it so it's not as bad. I'm definitely more confident using this case as I've been using the phone naked the past few days, which I love but I'm too clumsy to keep that up. Overall it's the best solution if you need a shock proof and water proof case but it takes away from the beauty of the phone

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Bump. I like to use the fingerprint sensor to lock the phone against pocket-dialing (also know as butt- or hip-dialing). I've discovered that most thick cases prevent one from using the sensor. Hence the question :

Can you use the dialing sensor with this case?

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Thank you! After buying two cases that buried the sensor too deep to use, I was reluctant to buy an expensive lifeproof case without reassurance from a *real* user.

kdh0324

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have one and it's a great case but decided to go with a more minimal case. I'm selling my lifeproof if anyone is interested. Let me know if you have any questions or if interested. It was originally 89, selling for $30. Still have the box and everything.

kidkamel

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I have one and it's a great case but decided to go with a more minimal case. I'm selling my lifeproof if anyone is interested. Let me know if you have any questions or if interested. It was originally 89, selling for $30. Still have the box and everything.

I may be interested, PM me please

kidkamel

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
So I ended up buying one from Amazon as I'll need a protective case while on my cruise in October. I'm happy with the protection of the case. What I'm not happy with is how much bulk and weight that was added to my phone.

But the sacrifice you make for the protection you get.