Google Pixel XL - Preorder /order/shipping thread

Jagadalic

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
My delivery was estimated for November 23-26 so I went on bestbuys website and ordered from them. It will be delivered on Thursday and I get a free Chromecast so not too bad. I'm on att though so hopefully no problems.

Jo5ton1018

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
My delivery was estimated for November 23-26 so I went on bestbuys website and ordered from them. It will be delivered on Thursday and I get a free Chromecast so not too bad. I'm on att though so hopefully no problems.
But that is only for the 32gb version right? I would do the same but they don't got the 128gb. The best buys here in San Diego have the Pixel & Pixel XL in stock, but I'm worried about the space.

Jagadalic

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
But that is only for the 32gb version right? I would do the same but they don't got the 128gb. The best buys here in San Diego have the Pixel & Pixel XL in stock, but I'm worried about the space.

Yeah it's the 32 GB version. I debated getting the 128 GB one but the wait seemed too long and I never use more than 20gbs plus the unlimited storage for photos is helpful.

michael33r

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
After getting my Pixel XL last Saturday I quit following this thread. But just FWI for anyone who is looking at FedEx tracking and it shows "Out for Delivery on Truck" but says the scheduled delivery date is another day, it's not actually out on the truck. Mine was "Out for Delivery" last Saturday but upon calling the shipping center it was actually just sitting there but going out on Monday. They let me come pick it up on Saturday though.

blackintox

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Re: Preorder /order/shipping thread

Hello! Does anybody know when pixel would be released in Pakistan :/ .. Its like taking forever for newly launched phones to reach pakistan. Anybody? who would know the exact dates.?

awinash

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
They let me come pick it up on Saturday though.

How did you get them to let you pick it up on Sat? Mine is scheduled for delivery today but turns out no one is home to receive it. I called FedEx and they wanted merchant authorization. I called Google but they said they couldn't help. Some contract between them and FedEx doesn't allow that to happen it seems.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
How did you get them to let you pick it up on Sat? Mine is scheduled for delivery today but turns out no one is home to receive it. I called FedEx and they wanted merchant authorization. I called Google but they said they couldn't help. Some contract between them and FedEx doesn't allow that to happen it seems.
Yeah you're right FedEx has to make at least one attempt to deliver to the residence before you can pick up it's annoying and I hate FedEx particularly because the driver in my neighborhood always wants to do the classic run-up ring the doorbell not even wait 5 Seconds and slap a door tag with the excuse of "security reasons" it won't let me sign the door tag release. So I always end up having to drive to the depot the day after. I just wish Verizon would use straight UPS on everything. I never have problems with UPS drivers and if I want to schedule my delivery for a certain time with my choice or pick it up at the Depot before the first delivery attempt there is no problem.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
After getting my Pixel XL last Saturday I quit following this thread. But just FWI for anyone who is looking at FedEx tracking and it shows "Out for Delivery on Truck" but says the scheduled delivery date is another day, it's not actually out on the truck. Mine was "Out for Delivery" last Saturday but upon calling the shipping center it was actually just sitting there but going out on Monday. They let me come pick it up on Saturday though.
Did it, regular FedEx or home delivery? Here in Baltimore home delivery is notorious for that

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I agree. I don't llike FedEx too for the same reasons. And really fond of UPS for their amazing service. Mine is home delivery.
And to make matters worse every time I picked up from the FedEx Depot it always takes them 15 to 20 minutes to find my package I don't have that problem at UPS also if your town has it check out the new UPS Locker it works like Amazon Locker except you could have UPS route your packages there UPS will notify you when they've actually been delivered to the locker and send you a code scan the code with your phone or enter it on the screen and the door automatically pops open you have your package shut the door and leave

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
This has been one interesting ride of emotions which unfortunately is not over. Here's a brief recap. -
So after checking in with google at least three times with every CSR telling me the phone is ready to go and it will ship out yesterday even as to two of them telling me that they see the status as shipped here I am chatting with a rep who is telling me that because my first payment didn't go through, mind you when it said declined I immediately updated it and then was charged accordingly, is the reason my order is on hold. Now he tells me that the reason might be that there aren't phones to begin with and they are still waiting for that. What a awful experience. So I am up in the air for delivery.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Hate to say it but iam kinda losing interest with a month to wait for my shipment. Iam starting to think of that $$$ spent and how my Nexus 6p is still a darn good phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah you're right FedEx has to make at least one attempt to deliver to the residence before you can pick up it's annoying and I hate FedEx particularly because the driver in my neighborhood always wants to do the classic run-up ring the doorbell not even wait 5 Seconds and slap a door tag with the excuse of "security reasons" it won't let me sign the door tag release. So I always end up having to drive to the depot the day after. I just wish Verizon would use straight UPS on everything. I never have problems with UPS drivers and if I want to schedule my delivery for a certain time with my choice or pick it up at the Depot before the first delivery attempt there is no problem.

At least you guy rings. I have had one that didn't even ring, just slapped the door tag. Luckily I was near the front door at the time and heard good footsteps.

johnbid

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a black 128gb from Verizon on the 17th, and my order has shown an expected delivery date of 10/28, with the warning that they are awaiting inventory. Has anyone else had experience with Verizon and delays beyond what their order says?

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
This has been one interesting ride of emotions which unfortunately is not over. Here's a brief recap. -
So after checking in with google at least three times with every CSR telling me the phone is ready to go and it will ship out yesterday even as to two of them telling me that they see the status as shipped here I am chatting with a rep who is telling me that because my first payment didn't go through, mind you when it said declined I immediately updated it and then was charged accordingly, is the reason my order is on hold. Now he tells me that the reason might be that there aren't phones to begin with and they are still waiting for that. What a awful experience. So I am up in the air for delivery.

Read an article yesterday that even though phones ordered through Fi say they are available, they are actually out of stock and facing about a three week delay. So it sounds like google is trying to catch up on supply, guess you will be one of the first to see when yours actually ships.

k.scott

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I ordered a black 128gb from Verizon on the 17th, and my order has shown an expected delivery date of 10/28, with the warning that they are awaiting inventory. Has anyone else had experience with Verizon and delays beyond what their order says?
I ordered the week before you with Verizon... XL 128gb promised 10/20/16 delayed until 11/18/16 due to inventory shortage (if yours is not XL you will probably get sooner)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty