Verizon Visual Voicemail on Pixel XL

RJMullins

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Howdy all,

I switched from AT&T to Verizon so I could get the Pixel XL, but I haven't found the VZW Voicemail app in the PlayStore.

What are you all using?

Thanks,
- Bob

jrvtecaccord

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I am using the stock voicemail mail app within the phone dialer. When I first set it up it had handy help screens to complete. It actually worked without issues, it's been a while since I've used the carrier voicemail as I've been Google voice, but since the stock app works with Verizon why not.

RJMullins

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I am using the stock voicemail mail app within the phone dialer. When I first set it up it had handy help screens to complete. It actually worked without issues, it's been a while since I've used the carrier voicemail as I've been Google voice, but since the stock app works with Verizon why not.
Thanks, as a long time Samsung user I did not know this was there.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Does Verizon still charge for visual voicemail?

I have a Google Voice phone number, I don't usually use it. However I do use the visual voicemail feature for it. When you go to set it up it will say that your carrier does not support it, but go ahead and continue because it works anyway.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Does Verizon still charge for visual voicemail?

I have a Google Voice phone number, I don't usually use it. However I do use the visual voicemail feature for it. When you go to set it up it will say that your carrier does not support it, but go ahead and continue because it works anyway.

There is no charge for 'basic' visual voice mail. There is another tier that costs more.. but I'm not sure what else it gives you... (possibly larger storage).

rdickert

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
This is the only bug I'm dealing with now - visual voicemail for me hasn't worked since I got the pixel yesterday afternoon. I have a ticket in with VZW - I get an odd error message 9999 "something went wrong" and an instruction to call customer support. They have tried everything imaginable so far - provisioned and reprovisioned but no joy. I can get my VM manually but the visual part is not working at all as of now for me.

Peter Kronenberg

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site

Problem with the phone dialer is that you have to open it to see how many messages you have. The separate app was much easier.

crm2013good

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
You don't need a separate app. It is part of the phone log. You have to enable visual voicemail in the call settings. Settings>Call>Voicemail. mine stopped working and even though visual voicemail was enabled the tab disappeared. I had to turn it off and turn it back on to get the tab to reappear.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Howdy all,

I switched from AT&T to Verizon so I could get the Pixel XL, but I haven't found the VZW Voicemail app in the PlayStore.

What are you all using?

Thanks,
- Bob

Yeah it's in the stock dialer. Works pretty good. I missed it for awhile BC I didn't notice it was there. Lol

Darren Buchko

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site

Do you still have to subscribe to visual voicemail or can I cancel my extra subscription with Verizon and still get the visual voicemail on my pixel xl?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty