Lockscreen Question

MasterRy88

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to unlock the phone (or turn on the display to get a swipe unlock or something like that) without having to touch the back sensor OR the power button on the side?

mtucker

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Saying OK google both turns the screen on and unlocks the phone. I assume this only works if you train the pixel for your voice (like prompted to during the initial turn on).

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
There may be several workarounds. Here's one I found

I found "always on AMOLED" in the Play Store. In the Play Store. There's similar always on display applications in the Play Store.

This keeps the display notification screen on and allows you to swipe up to open the screen but It will still be locked. However if you set security to keep the screen unlocked in certain situations such as in your house, other specified locations, or when connected to a Bluetooth, it won't lock the screen and it takes you immediately to an unlocked phone

Hope I explained it well, if not feel free to ask

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
There are few apps in play store which enables this features. You can try them out.

I've been playing with a couple of them. I haven't found any that actually unlock the phone, just allow the notifications to be displayed. The ones I found still require you to unlock the phone if you tap on the notification. That's where I found the 'trusted places" helpful

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Saying OK google both turns the screen on and unlocks the phone. I assume this only works if you train the pixel for your voice (like prompted to during the initial turn on).

It seems to work without the voice training. However, I found it takes way too long to go through the iterations of Google waiting for a command after you say Okay Google.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non