Now 3rd call to google support as still no answer why cannot get apple mail ac on pixel

jowilf

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Have called 3 times now with still no answer as to how to get my Apple mail ac to work on pixel. My email and password are correct but no mail ac on pixel will work. Keeps coming back with authentication failure and either email or password are incorrect. This is in uk. No senior technician has bothered to reply to any emails sent via support person. Not a good start

jowilf

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Yes thanks..I can't get past inputting my email and password. Says authentication failed and either email or password is incorrect. I know they are correct as able to log in to apple ac etc iTunes just fine. Infuriating

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I understand that with iMessage you need to unregister your account/phone number before you can use it on another device. Is it the same for iCloud email? Maybe that could be your authentication issue?

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
So far I have tried the help/support 3 times.

I would give them a ZERO out of 10.

One of the reasons why I got a Pixel for my wife, is so that I would not have to be here tech support.

But as she knows how to turn the phone on. She is miles ahead of ANYONE at the "support desk"

With google mentioning it in the advertising, it is almost Bait and Switch.

Good thing ambulance chasers don't buy this phone and try to get help on it

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes thanks..I can't get past inputting my email and password. Says authentication failed and either email or password is incorrect. I know they are correct as able to log in to apple ac etc iTunes just fine. Infuriating

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.mike.cal.sync&hl=en&token=VllocusT

I know you need email, not just calendar sync, but try this app. I use this app for a shared iCloud calendar and it works 100%. If you can't log in with this app then I would definitely say theres something going on with your Apple ID. It would be a good step in troubleshooting.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I guess you are certain your credentials are good (i.e. correct email and password), and that any related server settings are correct. you said you've tried several email "accounts", did you me several email apps? I would still check other apps if you haven't. I use Blue Mail.

If you have, it sounds like you can't authenticate at all on this Android device. Will it authenticate from a mobile web site on the Pixel?

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Have called 3 times now with still no answer as to how to get my Apple mail ac to work on pixel. My email and password are correct but no mail ac on pixel will work. Keeps coming back with authentication failure and either email or password are incorrect. This is in uk. No senior technician has bothered to reply to any emails sent via support person. Not a good start

Because apple email sucks is probably why. Apple doesn't care about enabling push to Gmail on iPhones so Google is prob just pushing back.

ainfinity

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
It can be a task, if you have two factor authentication setup you will need an app specific password. this is setup under your Apple ID.

jowilf

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Hey thanks so much. I had to go into my Apple ID and then to security to ask for a password specific for apps..it generated a code which I then used to open an iCloud ac on Blue Mail and "hey presto" worked a treat..thanks so much for that and Blue Mail so much prettier than Gmail.:D