Pixel Alternative

supaeuro

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I've been a Nexus fan over the years an owned the N4, N5, and N6. I held off on the 6P as I didn't see it as much of an upgrade and would wait for the next generation of Nexus phone/s. Over the past couple months I've cracked my n6 screen and now it's starting to lag.

It was a disappointment to hear of no new Nexus. I've seen and held the Pixel and am not a fan. Plus being on T-Mobile the Pixel isn't offered unless buying outright from Google.

This leads me to my question: what do you think is a good alternative to the Pixel? I've looked at the LG V20 and the Xperia XZ but neither pops. I've had a Galaxy in the past and want to stay away from Samsung. Comments?

shady195

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I've been a Nexus fan over the years an owned the N4, N5, and N6. I held off on the 6P as I didn't see it as much of an upgrade and would wait for the next generation of Nexus phone/s. Over the past couple months I've cracked my n6 screen and now it's starting to lag.

It was a disappointment to hear of no new Nexus. I've seen and held the Pixel and am not a fan. Plus being on T-Mobile the Pixel isn't offered unless buying outright from Google.

This leads me to my question: what do you think is a good alternative to the Pixel? I've looked at the LG V20 and the Xperia XZ but neither pops. I've had a Galaxy in the past and want to stay away from Samsung. Comments?

Well, for a nexus like experience. The pixel is it. Otherwise, any major flagship thats currently out is just fine.

As an avid nexus user since the Galaxy nexus, and having loved my 6P, the Pixel is a huge upgrade just in usability from the 6P. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't actually used a Pixel yet. Seriously.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Let us know what don't you like about the Pixel, maybe we can help you a little better? What are you looking for in a phone? Right now T-Mobile is running a promotion that will give you half of the cost back if you don't mind the T-Mobile One plan. Google also offer finance so it really no difference for you to get it from Google or T-Mobile.

Steven Robinson2

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I have been thinking about this too. I am getting the Pixel XL only because I am in a position where I can afford it. Normally I would have considered the One Plus 3 or the Motorola Z Play as my alternatives. The only Android phones I have ever owned have been Nexus devices. I would have want to stay as close to stock as possible. I am convinced that the software experience is more important than the hardware experience. I don't say the regular Moto Z only because of the missing headphone jack. I would also consider the Nexus 6P if you do not require something new.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress