Google Prompt for 2-step verification not work on Pixel XL

killer

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Anyone else having issues using the google prompt for 2-step verification? When I try to set it up on the pixel it says my device is compatible but offline.

I tried the pixel support line and had what I felt was an insane conversation. They wanted me to send them a screen shot of the prompt option on the google site because they say only a phone number and email are an option for 2-step verification. Felt like I was in the twilight zone sending google support a picture of their own website. Then they told me to ingore that option because it wasn't meant for my phone. Kinda scary. :'(

Anywho, just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue too.

Thanks

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
no issues here. Unless I have to reset my phone which is my primary location for the app, then it takes some maneuvering. once up and running work great. BTW i now go into the app ahead of time and switch my wifes phone to primary and then do the reset. You learn this stuff when you go thru and reset 8 times in 2 months. just makes it slightly easier.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
no issues here. Unless I have to reset my phone which is my primary location for the app, then it takes some maneuvering. once up and running work great. BTW i now go into the app ahead of time and switch my wifes phone to primary and then do the reset. You learn this stuff when you go thru and reset 8 times in 2 months. just makes it slightly easier.

Agreed. That is when I learned you can get 8 backup codes. When I got my first Note 7 :eyeroll: I had already wiped my old device (so stupid). I ended up turning off 2-step so I could finish the setup. After I set it back up, I realized that you can get the back up codes and access them from https://myaccount.google.com/security/signinoptions/two-step-verification. They are very handy. I think I have burned 2.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames