Anyone receive Code For Google DayDream?? (Google Store Orders)

swizzie7

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
As the title states, I'm curious, I was one of the many who Pre-ordered through Google website, had my phone for about 2 weeks, and I love it, but I have not received any updates to the DayDream. I did receive that initial email 2 days after my pre-order telling me about the benefit, but nothing since then.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
First folks to have received their Pixels should have their codes no later than next Thursday. Hopefully sooner.

If you figure they extend right to return equipment 15 calendar days from receipt and then allow up to 5-7 days for delivery (for non-expedited), that 4 week window seems about right to ensure they aren't sending out codes for free gear to people who could still return the phone.

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Was Hoping to get my code and have my Daydream in hand for Thanksgiving since I Preordered on launch day :( Oh well, hopefully it will be here by Christmas so I can show it off to family then :)

Impulses

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I ordered on launch, had it cancelled two weeks later, ordered again on Oct 24th, cancelled yesterday, now dealing directly with their shipping department (out of the norm, but it's their fault), and will have to order for a third time.

They've promised to honor the Daydream offer all along since I'd even received the email saying I qualified, but at this rate I'm definitely not seeing the thing before 2017, if I even manage to get my gosh darn Pixel by December...

Their order backlog doesn't seem to be clearing at all. Only Pixel you could order last night was the silver 5", every other color/size combo was unavailable. Luckily that's what I'm going for, and both storage capacities were on tap.

Impulses

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah, the point of the woe is me story is that support seems capable of generating or regenerating those codes, so even if yours goes to limbo it's probably not a big deal. Just be on the lookout after the four weeks and call in on week five if not.

Looking forward to the Daydream View order backlog that's gonna cause... :/

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah, the point of the woe is me story is that support seems capable of generating or regenerating those codes, so even if yours goes to limbo it's probably not a big deal. Just be on the lookout after the four weeks and call in on week five if not.

Glad to hear that. I'd initially pre-ordered through Play with a late November ship date and gotten the email saying I'd receive a code 4 weeks after shipping, but then cancelled it to pre-order through Fi (and got it a week later). Never got an email about the Daydream on that, but have an email from Fi support promising that my order was eligible and I would get the code - been holding on to that email for safety.

He Ma

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
I contacted them and one replied me with totally different thing. Here is their reply now.
Hi there,
Thanks for contacting Google.
I understand you have a query about the Promo code for the Daydream view. My apologies for the wrong information conveyed to you!
Generally, you'd be getting an email with the promo code for the Daydream view after 4 weeks from the date of delivery of the Pixel device not from the date of the shipment of the device. Rest assured, you'd be getting the email after 4 weeks from the date of delivery of the device.
Your patience would be highly appreciated in this regard.
If you have any other questions, please reply to the same email. I'd be happy to help!

Thanks, Pearl Prospera
Google Support Team

It's weird!! Their original automated email; after placing the preorder, stated that "within four weeks of shipments" and NOT "after four weeks of delivery" which can mean I may get the code after 1, 2, 3 months ....

Last edited: