Just got a Pixel, can someone help my sync my outlook.com calendar?

sprtfan

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Was not sure where to post this, but I just picked up a Pixel and I'm having trouble getting my outlook.com calendar to sync and show up in the google calendar app. I can see it by downloading the outlook.com app, but I really don't like the calendar widget and was hoping to sync it with the default app to open up other options. I'm on the New Outlook.com if that makes a difference. Can someone walk me though though or have a link with instructions? Having more trouble doing this than I would have expected. Thanks

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the outlook or any other non Gmail account works/shows up in Google calendar. You can use third party calendar apps from the play store, but outlook.com should also have the capability to display their calendar in other apps. Don't think outlook.com supports that.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I have my outlook.com account set up in the Gmail app as an exchange account. The calendar and contacts syncs to the Google calendar and contacts apps just fine. If you're using the Outlook app for your outlook.com email then no, it will not allow syncing to the Google calendar app. It will only allow use of the built in calendar in the Outlook app. Hope that makes sense.

lengend

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I use this app to push my calendar to my Google calendar. We use exchange for work

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161113-141832.jpg
    Screenshot_20161113-141832.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 95

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I have my outlook.com account set up in the Gmail app as an exchange account. The calendar and contacts syncs to the Google calendar and contacts apps just fine.

+1
This is what i do too
My work uses Outlook, I added that email address to my Gmail email app (where I have several Gmail addresses), and as a result, my Outlook calendar events show up in my Google calendar app along with my manually input-ed events which are associated with my personal Gmail email address. Hope that helps and doesn't sound too confusing.

sprtfan

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I got it to work but I honestly don't know exactly what I did. I tried several things and then the next day it started to show up. I guess I was not being patient enough. I had tried to share my outlook.com calendar with my google calendar online. I also tried to set up Outlook in the Gmail app as an exchange account. I also "Gmailify" my outlook.com. I still need to test out some stuff like making a new entry on Outlook and seeing how long it takes to show up on my phone. Things seem to be working for not at least. Thanks for the help

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I couldn't get it to work at all for the calendar, and my contacts sync was a mess (would never retain changes, or if I added a new contact it would would show for a while on both the phone and outlook.com, then would disappear). What I ended up doing, and what seems to be working now is I used Nine to sync my contacts and calendar, and I continue to use the Outlook app for email. Why can't Google just make it easy like it is on iOS and Windows 10 mobile? I never had an issue adding any account to either of them. (Gmail, outlook, yahoo, etc.)

I think some of the others that have responded are syncing standard Outlook accounts, not Outlook.com. They seem to be treated very differently by Android.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
It can, but it doesn't handle Outlook.com accounts. It treats them like and IMAP or POP account. I set mine up as an exchange account like I saw on a tutorial and it just didn't sync at all (emails, contacts, calendars, all didn't download any past or current info).

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
As I said earlier in the thread, I have my outlook.com email address set up as an exchange account in the Gmail app and everything syncs perfectly with no issues whatsoever. The Gmail app handles outlook.com as exchange just fine. Everything syncs without issue - email, contacts, and calendar. I don't know why some people have issues with their accounts, and I'm sure there are some legitimate issues, but it does work for me.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I tried it that way too, but it didn't sync anything. Oh well. The Nine workaround is working for me now, plus it gives a nice widget.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I tried it that way too, but it didn't sync anything. Oh well. The Nine workaround is working for me now, plus it gives a nice widget.
Good to hear. Nine is a fantastic app. I use it for my work exchange account since it's much more robust than the Gmail app and has many, many more features.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
One question about Nine. Does it prompt you to pay for it after 2 weeks? It says that in the description in the store, but it seems like they are saying if you like it please pay for it, not that you will have to pay for it.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
One question about Nine. Does it prompt you to pay for it after 2 weeks? It says that in the description in the store, but it seems like they are saying if you like it please pay for it, not that you will have to pay for it.
Yes, it will prompt you. At least it did for me, but it has been a couple years since I purchased it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty