Pixel 6a Calendar App Fail

jayhaile

Mar 16, 2023
Visit site
On my Pixel 6a's Calendar app, I can select to see the usual Events, Tasks, Reminders, and something listed as my name. That's it. However, on my old Pixel, I also see a number of other items I can select to see that have been shared (right term?) by my work with me. I need to be able to select at least one of the additional items on my old phone in order to see my current work schedule on my Pixel 6a's Calendar. Is this something I can do myself? I'm using the same Google account for work as I always have, and everything else from my old phone seems to have transfered smoothly to the new one.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved your post from the 1st gen Pixel forum to the Pixel 6a forum.

Open your Calendar app, tap the menu button at the upper left, then Settings, and Show More under your email account. Do you see any of the work labels there? If so, tap it, and then make sure the Sync toggle is on for that label.

jayhaile

Mar 16, 2023
Visit site
I see two to three work labels under Show More, but the precise one I need to see my work schedule isn't there (even though it is on my old Pixel, which is how I've been accessing that schedule).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is your work Google account the primary account on your phone, or is it a secondary one?

Or is this work calendar from a completely different account that you've shared to your Google account?

jayhaile

Mar 16, 2023
Visit site
Work Google is my secondary account on my phone. It's not @gmail, and I can see, as I've said, other work-only topics such as classes I've taught in the past. I'm pretty stumped, so thank you for any more help you can offer.

Work account is my secondary account. It's a Google account, but not with a gmail address (still is a Google account with all the Google privileges, such as Drive, Calendar, Photos, etc).

I'm not sure how to answer your second question. There are two separate Google accounts, and I can log into either one or both separately.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is tricky to untangle without seeing screenshots, but we also want to preserve your privacy, and those kinds of screenshots usually have a lot of identifying info.

Can you try sharing screenshots of the left side menu of your Google Calendar app that shows the various accounts and calendars available? But make sure to blur out any identifying info, like email addresses or people's names. Seeing screenshots from both phones would be ideal. If it's difficult to blur out the info, you can send the images to me via PM and I can do it for you.

jayhaile

Mar 16, 2023
Visit site
Screenshot_20230317-182401.jpg
Screenshot_20230317-183218.jpg

If I've done this correctly, you'lll be able to see two images. The first is of my old phone, and the item in the list I need is circled. It's not in the second image, which is the same calendar screen on my new phone.

By the way, I just noticed that another item in the list didn't transfer, but it's not crucial.

Also, on the old phone (first image with something circled), my work address is second in the list. On the new phone (second image), my work address is first on the list.

Thanks again for the help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On the new phone, go to the Settings for the Calendar app, then tap Show More under the work email address, and show us a screenshot of that.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just so that we're on the same page, I want to be sure you're doing this:

1. Tap the 3-line menu button at the upper left of the Calendar app.
2. Scroll down and tap Settings.
3. Tap "Show more" under your work email account.

You're not seeing that "INSTR" calendar there? If you're not, have you also tried removing this work account from the phone, then adding it back?

jayhaile

Mar 16, 2023
Visit site
You're a genius! I was only tapping See More from the list presented when I tapped the 3-line menu button at the upper left of the Calendar app. Thank you so much for the help. It's quite a relief.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're a genius! I was only tapping See More from the list presented when I tapped the 3-line menu button at the upper left of the Calendar app. Thank you so much for the help. It's quite a relief.

Great! This is an odd little pitfall with the Calendar app, where many of the secondary calendars aren't automatically synced -- the user has to go into the settings and manually turn the toggle on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174