128GB Google Pixel XL shipments delayed until December 26th by Verizon!

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have been waiting long and now I have the date of the December 26. Verizon is claiming that iPhone customers are going through the same thing with the order of the 7 Plus. Like that is suppose to make me feel better. If i do not get it by then I will cancel and hold on to my Note 7 until the S8 is released.

I am with you on this. Verizon is still showing a ship date of Dec. 9th for me. If it gets pushed back I will continue to use my Note 7 and wait for the S8 too.

How close to your ship date did you get notified of the delay?

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Yep, looks like I will just hold on to my droid Turbo for the S8 now as well. Really wanted to try the Pixel XL128, but I think I would have eventually missed some of the features the Pixel should have had for this price anyway like wireless charging, some waterproofing and smaller bezels.

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Yep, looks like I will just hold on to my droid Turbo for the S8 now as well. Really wanted to try the Pixel XL128, but I think I would have eventually missed some of the features the Pixel should have had for this price anyway like wireless charging, some waterproofing and smaller bezels.

I too wish I had stuck with the Turbo and not got involved in the Z Force - Pixel - Pixel merry go round - :eek:

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I too wish I had stuck with the Turbo and not got involved in the Z Force - Pixel - Pixel merry go round - :eek:

The Turbo was, and still is a great device and mine works flawlessly.....EXCEPT absolutely horribly slow updates, still running Lollipop.

scottfish

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon 128gb Pixel XL order from 11/15 that still says 12/26. I do not need a phone right away, but hate delayed gratification.

I initially HAD to go with a Verizon order to make good on my trade in, but since VZW bungled that and I had to get CSRs to fix, I got a flat account credit. Now I can buy from whoever gets them in stock first.

I will tell you that when I am waiting for a phone like this, nothing irks me more than posts by people who buy multiple phones to test out size, color, etc then return.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
This is amazing to me. Many Verizon users have dropping calls and poor lte reception or poor tower hand offs with no fix in sight and VZW is still selling them faster than HTC can build em.

Many Verizon users? I would say those are just vocal on here. I've seen just as many raving about the signal they're getting. I've had no such issues but I only have two.

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I have weak signal at home so Verizon gave me an extender. There are many times I have no bars on the phone but it still connects and makes calls through it. When I travel I haven't had any dropped calls. I do experience weak signal and static but no lost calls.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Many Verizon users? I would say those are just vocal on here. I've seen just as many raving about the signal they're getting. I've had no such issues but I only have two.

It's not just vocal on this forum. Verizon website has negative comments about the signal and calls and other phone sites with customers on Verizon.... So as many people get great call quality, many others of us do not.

Seems as if you are one of the lucky ones. For Verizon to know about the problem means that there are a lot more people then the ones that are vocal on this site with issues and problems

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It's not just vocal on this forum. Verizon website has negative comments about the signal and calls and other phone sites with customers on Verizon.... So as many people get great call quality, many others of us do not.

Seems as if you are one of the lucky ones. For Verizon to know about the problem means that there are a lot more people then the ones that are vocal on this site with issues and problems

My wife isn't tech savvy but hasn't noticed any issues. I had a couple dropped calls. However, I switched to T-Mobile sim and I dropped a conversation about 5 times straight on LTE.

I don't have the issues on Verizon though

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
New email today from Verizon. Now I got a New date of January 13th and they have the nerve to offer $10 gift card for the wait. I am finished. I am just going to keep my Note 7 until S8 or Note 8 or the cut me off. This is unacceptable! To wait 3 months for a Pre-ordered phone!

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
New email today from Verizon. Now I got a New date of January 13th and they have the nerve to offer $10 gift card for the wait. I am finished. I am just going to keep my Note 7 until S8 or Note 8 or the cut me off. This is unacceptable! To wait 3 months for a Pre-ordered phone!

Wow, my Pixel XL is due to ship out tomorrow. Haven't head a word. Hoping against all odds it gets shipped. Like you if it gets delayed I will continue to use my Note 7 until...

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Not just here. There are people vocalizing the connectivity problem on Verizon's website under the User Reviews for the Pixel/Pixel XL.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
My new one is on the way. I was told Dec 26 ship date, but last night I got charged tax and unless ups takes 17 days to get it to me, then I will have it early.

reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
All you guys getting your phones with October order dates, I didn't order until 11/22...hopefully I'll have mine by February