Buyer's remorse?

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I usually am not one to change my phone often (currently using HTC One M7) so when I do purchase one I do a lot of research in the current available options out there as I intend to keep it for a long time. Recently I've been debating between the Pixel and OnePlus 3T and ended up purchasing the former now that the limited edition blue regular size has been available. Now I'm getting a bit conscious of the price (I opted to finance but still) and wondering if I should have gone for the OnePlus 3T. I know both offer completely different experiences but am I really getting more bang for the buck with the Pixel? What mostly led to my decision was the size as I don't like big phones and don't particularly like Samsung phone.

I'm tempted to cancel my order that's not yet shipped. I suppose the smartest thing to do would be to wait until I receive it, give it a try and if I don't like it return it within the period available. I'm also assuming I already took a credit hit having chosen to finance so that damage is done...

Anybody else suffered with buyer's remorse initially? Or do you still even after owning and using your Pixel? Despite it being a great phone do you feel you should have gone for something else?

Last edited:

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Buyer's remorse is normal and I think everyone suffers from this to some extent. I certainly second guess almost all of my phone buying decisions. I even buy, sell, then buy the same phone back again 6 months later only to sell it again. I agonized between the pixel and moto z force. Ended up getting the Pixel, but I'm still about tot pull the trigger on getting the Moto z as well, then sell whichever one doesn't make the cut. I wish I could just buy one phone and keep it for the next 3 years, but I know that's just not going to happen. So why fight it, afterall you only live once, and it's only money and you can't take money with you when you die.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Getting you bang for you buck. NO. What you got is a smooth lag free experience, updates and a great camera. What is more important to you? The 3T is excellent for it's price but one thing I hated about it was the weak vibrate. I am not happy about spending $909 on my XL, even more so when my iPhone 7 Plus offers water resistance but the Pixel just works out the box, just like the iPhone. To me, the best phone was still the Note 7.

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I think you just have to try it out for yourself before making a decision. If you are like me, your curiosity won't be satisfied until you've had it in your hands and had a chance to test it out for yourself. Only then can you really decide. If you end up not liking it, return it. Google Store doesn't charge a restocking fee and their returns are free (they provide the return shipping label). Ultimately, I did not keep my black XL 128gb and went with the V20. I liked the XL, but I liked the V20 more because I prefer a 5.7" display. All a matter of personal preference.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
The size is great! It's not a fancy phone, but like the iPhone, it just works. Very fluid and battery life is great. Give it a shot.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Buyer's remorse is normal and I think everyone suffers from this to some extent. I certainly second guess almost all of my phone buying decisions. I even buy, sell, then buy the same phone back again 6 months later only to sell it again. I agonized between the pixel and moto z force. Ended up getting the Pixel, but I'm still about tot pull the trigger on getting the Moto z as well, then sell whichever one doesn't make the cut. I wish I could just buy one phone and keep it for the next 3 years, but I know that's just not going to happen. So why fight it, afterall you only live once, and it's only money and you can't take money with you when you die.

Had to read this reply to my wife. Asked her if it reminds her of anyone... This is me to a t. Well said - "why fight it?" (I currently own the Pixel, S7 Edge, and iPhone 6s. Pixel is my favorite...today. Trying to narrow down to 1 phone and sell the other 2. We'll see.)

I will say that the Pixel is, without a doubt, the most fluid Android phone I have used. Has not lagged or stuttered in the time I've owned it! Great phone that I think will only continue to get better with time.

Keep up the good work Google!

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Had to read this reply to my wife. Asked her if it reminds her of anyone... This is me to a t. Well said - "why fight it?" (I currently own the Pixel, S7 Edge, and iPhone 6s. Pixel is my favorite...today. Trying to narrow down to 1 phone and sell the other 2. We'll see.)

I will say that the Pixel is, without a doubt, the most fluid Android phone I have used. Has not lagged or stuttered in the time I've owned it! Great phone that I think will only continue to get better with time.

Keep up the good work Google!
I'm on the same boat as you, but minus the iphone! I've had an s7 edge since May but had to get the pixel...and while I absolutely love the pixel, I am questioning myself if I had to choose between the two which would it be?

As far as the pixel goes the battery and software is the pros. Battery is extremely important to me and I know the pixel will last me all day.

That isn't the case for the s7 edge. I never had good battery life on any of my Samsung's I've owned, but it has wireless charging, I can leave the phone on the edge of my bathtub while bathing my kids, and I can use Samsung pay.

Does the battery life and software justify the price? I really do love the pixel, such a hard decision!

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Had to read this reply to my wife. Asked her if it reminds her of anyone... This is me to a t. Well said - "why fight it?"

Heh I know people who'll spend two thousand dollars on a couple of sports tickets, and that's just for a few hours of entertainment. Besides we're selling off our phones and recouping some $$ back. As the song says, "If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad." -Sheryl Crow

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Heh I know people who'll spend two thousand dollars on a couple of sports tickets, and that's just for a few hours of entertainment. Besides we're selling off our phones and recouping some $$ back. As the song says, "If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad." -Sheryl Crow

Good point. Now if I could just get my wife to see it that way... Oh well, who cares what she thinks, right? Haha.

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
If you want bang for your Buck then you're better off with the oneplus. The only real benefits of the pixel are an extra os update (3T probably won't get android P), and the better camera (tbh in daylight they aren't even that different, 3T's camera isn't the best but is surprisingly good).

If the pixel you're getting is 32gb then that may be an issue down the line, at least the 3T has 64gb even if both don't have expandable storage.

Also the 3T will probably have better battery life. And the size isn't actually that different. It's a lot thinner and only half a cm wider. And 0.9cm taller. And it'll be faster too, if only marginally.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I usually am not one to change my phone often (currently using HTC One M7) so when I do purchase one I do a lot of research in the current available options out there as I intend to keep it for a long time. Recently I've been debating between the Pixel and OnePlus 3T and ended up purchasing the former now that the limited edition blue regular size has been available. Now I'm getting a bit conscious of the price (I opted to finance but still) and wondering if I should have gone for the OnePlus 3T. I know both offer completely different experiences but am I really getting more bang for the buck with the Pixel? What mostly of to my decision was the size as I don't like big phones and don't particularly like Samsung phone.

I'm tempted to cancel my order that's not yet shipped. I suppose the smartest thing to do would be to wait until I receive it, give it a try and if I don't like it return it within the period available. I'm also assuming I already took a credit hit having chosen to finance so that damage is done...

Anybody else suffered with buyer's remorse initially? Or do you still even after owning and using your Pixel? Despite it being a great phone do you feel you should have gone for something else?

Ive been a critic of pixel since day 1. A great phone, solid build quality, good screen, fast processor, long battery life. But is it worth the price? IMO a resounding NO. im selling it and sticking with my S7 edge, and axon 7. Both of these phones offer a very similar experience with better screens, all 3 are very fluid, better appearance, axon 7 has the very best smartphone audio. And to be truthful, while the pixel camera is supposed to be the best, my indoor shots from my S7 edge kill the same shots ftom my pixel. Outdoor, the same. These 2 phones will do anything I ask them to do, just like pixel. Once again, I'm giving you my feelings only. But I feel Google is way overcharging for both pixels. You would have been better off eith the oneplus 3T.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I usually am not one to change my phone often (currently using HTC One M7) so when I do purchase one I do a lot of research in the current available options out there as I intend to keep it for a long time. Recently I've been debating between the Pixel and OnePlus 3T and ended up purchasing the former now that the limited edition blue regular size has been available. Now I'm getting a bit conscious of the price (I opted to finance but still) and wondering if I should have gone for the OnePlus 3T. I know both offer completely different experiences but am I really getting more bang for the buck with the Pixel? What mostly of to my decision was the size as I don't like big phones and don't particularly like Samsung phone.

I had the Pixel 128gb and got rid of it. The software is great, but the camera with it's lens flare wasn't all that everyone claimed it was. I got the OnePlus 3T and haven't looked back. Anyone who says the 3T camera is poor hasn't used one. Pics and video look just fine and the price tag on a 128gb 3T is $400 less. And it will have Nougat by year's end.

AbAll87

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
My plan was to order the pixel on Oct 4th. As early as possible. Money was saved and ready to pull the trigger. When I saw the price tag, I took a step back, Trying to justify the price tag till I saw a review, then another one, then another one. I must have watched at least 10 before I decided to buy this phone. My main reason for me to buy it is because I'm hoping lag won't be an issue in 6 months.

I thought about the oneplus 3, 3T wasn't out yet. But I kept returning to the same thing. Will it lag in 6months. Since Android is Google baby, I am trusting them to give me a great experience.

I had an horrible experience with the ZenFone 2.

Edit post: I don't like bloatware. Why I didn't go for Samsung. I'm simple

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Based on most of the threads and responses in this forum, it seems the opinion is split halfway. People either think it is worth it or it isn't. I'll wait to try it out and see how I like it.

When purchasing a phone I always keep in mind that it is a device I will stick with for years. I'm not one to always want the latest but will switch out after 3 or 4 years especially now that my current phone's battery barely keeps a charge.

Last edited:

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not responding to dog the Pixel. I like the Pixel. I loved the speed of it and the ability to get updates. But some show stopping Bluetooth issues and generally disappointed with the camera moved me to a phone I never thought I'd consider: Moto Z Force Droid. The camera is much slower but the quality is pretty much on par and we received 7.0 already (though I know 7.1.1 is out for Pixel today.) I like some of the features of it like twist for camera and karate chop for flashlight. Simple things but like them. The shatterproof screen is nice to have and I am buying into the mods.

I'd be interested in seeing if 7.1.1 addresses the Bluetooth issues and the :"halo" effect of the photos.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not responding to dog the Pixel. I like the Pixel. I loved the speed of it and the ability to get updates. But some show stopping Bluetooth issues and generally disappointed with the camera moved me to a phone I'd never consider: Moto Z Force Droid. The camera is much slower but the quality is pretty much on par and we received 7.0 already (though I know 7.1.1 is out for Pixel today.) I like some of the features of it like twist for camera and karate chop for flashlight. Simple things but like them. The shatterproof screen is nice to have and I am buying into the mods.

I'd be interested in seeing if 7.1.1 addresses the Bluetooth issues and the :"halo" effect of the photos.

My wife just moved from the Z Force Droid to the Pixel. Both pretty good devices :)

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I have none. Love my Pixel. Wanted a small flagship phone that easily transitions to WiFi calling when no cell service and it does it very well. Wifi assistant is great too. Using it right now. Quick updates are important too.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
My wife just moved from the Z Force Droid to the Pixel. Both pretty good devices :)

I'm happy with the Z-Force Droid but was concerned it wouldn't feel like a Flagship...so far it does and I can use my DayDream on it. :) I am watching the fixes for the Bluetooth closely though, for the Pixel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non