Does Pixel work with wifi calling on any cellular provider?

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I've found that wifi calling with the Pixel is broken on Verizon, T-Mobile, and Project Fi. And I don't believe that Pixel wifi calling is supported on either Sprint or AT&T.

So I guess that wifi calling on the Pixel is pretty much worthless. Too bad. Back to the iPhone, looks like.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
S

Wifi works for us on TMO and on all three phones it there are some issues with wifi calling if you are on wifi and have an incoming call.

Last edited:

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
WiFi calling works for me on Project Fi. It doesn't work on AT&T simply because AT&T won't permit it to work.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've found that wifi calling with the Pixel is broken on Verizon, T-Mobile, and Project Fi. And I don't believe that Pixel wifi calling is supported on either Sprint or AT&T.

So I guess that wifi calling on the Pixel is pretty much worthless. Too bad. Back to the iPhone, looks like.

Do you have WiFi Calling enabled on your account? On Verizon, it has to be enabled on a capable phone, but also on your account. On Verizon you'd have to have Advance Calling on your account, and under that IIRC there's an option for WiFi Calling. If both of those aren't activated then it won't work on your device.

I can only tell you that it works on mine (and apparently on others Pixels as well). It's one of the factors why I got one. I had a Nexus 6p, but while the Nexus 6p on Verizon has access to mobile data and calling (regular and VoLTE) since it's not sold or supported by Verizon, they don't offer things like WiFi Calling or video calling (natively that is). From what their reps have told me, Samsung's domestically carrier unlocked S7 and S7E that were released last summer also don't have access to WiFi Calling for the same reasons, they're not sold or supported by Verizon.

gsolis31

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Just reiterating that it totally works on Project Fi.

Put your phone in airplane mode and turn wifi on to force calling through wifi otherwise it will always default to carrier even if the signal is "weak" compared to wifi signal.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
WiFi calling works for me on Project Fi. It doesn't work on AT&T simply because AT&T won't permit it to work.
All the carrier's use the same code for Wi-Fi calling, except ATT. They use a proprietary code. That is why the Pixel doesn't do Wi-Fi calling on ATT.